“Best vacation ever”

Point Pleasant Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in East End
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Everyone has been wonderful here. From the moment we stepped onto the property!! We have been catered to and taken care of by all of the staff. The views are 5star. The condo is perfect. The little beach they have is perfect. The location in reference to things to do is perfect. The lower swimming pool right by the ocean is beautiful. A shuttle to everything is an added plus. They have taken us to Megan's Bay Beach and to the ferry to St John and on another day to shopping and to eat dinner. We are extremely happy. Coming . Back next year !!!

Room Tip: Up on the hill or down on the bottom doesn't matter, still a great view !!!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JPK1954
Vincia S, General Manager at Point Pleasant Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for this five stars review! We are happy you are happy and hope we have another opportunity to treat you again! Come back and see us soon:-)

There are newer reviews for Point Pleasant Resort

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed at Point Pleasant Resorts on August 1-3, 2014, I am familiar with this property because I worked there for 9 years with the two previous management companies. However, the current management company Ellis Akers under the direction of Jeff and Laurie have taken Point Pleasant Resort to the stratosphere. I was amazed by the improvements made to both lobbies. I was greeted by Anthony and Vincia and within 10 minutes I was in my room admiring the views from the highest point of the property. The legendary bellman Charlie and Willie were awesome when I needed to go elsewhere on the property there were prompt and so charming. The room was spotless – Marie your still the best. I must mention the property manager Larry Stokes he has revealed the true hidden beauty and magnificent views of Point Pleasant with the improvements made to the landscape, beautification and signage. To the maintenance crew and Claudine I enjoyed myself….I will be back next month. I would encourage everyone to make Point Pleasant Resort your vacation spot on St. Thomas, Virgin Islands. call 888.619.4010 and tell them Shellie Tobias sent you.

Room Tip: Choose a superior room for magnificent views
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Sheltobjose
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We came here for our 30th anniversary,What a GREAT place to stay,3 pools, bar, help desk. It was just amazing,the beauty,the views,all spectacular,We will be back again,you can bet on that!! Loved it!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jeffrey F
Vincia S, General Manager at Point Pleasant Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

What an honor that you chose to spend your 30th anniversary with us at Point Pleasant! Thank you for that and of course, CONGRATULATIONS again from all of us here!! We wish you all of the best and another 30 years of marital bliss- Keep in touch!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This resort has the best view and truly unique and affordable villa-style accommodations. The staff members were quite friendly and helpful (especially Anthony). I loved the free snorkeling/kayaking adventure and would recommend it it to anyone who chooses to stay at the hotel. Now, our room had a bit of an ant problem that I did not enjoy and that detracted a bit from the overall experience. The hotel provided us with ant spray, but I think they may really need to invest in better pest control. I am more understanding of it in this humid, tropical environment, however, than I would be back home in the states. The hotel also lacked wifi, but they are apparently planning on rolling it out soon.

On transportation, please know that it is not terribly easy to just walk around this area of the island for exploration.I recommend taking the local "safari" ($1/$2 bus) for transportation and great views of the community during the day. The hotel also has a shuttle that runs until the early evening, but we found the service to be somewhat sporadic and slow. (10 minutes is never 10 minutes).

All in all, I would definitely consider staying here again if I were looking for another budget-friendly stay on St. Thomas.Nothing beats going to sleep and waking up to the sound of waves lapping against the shoreline.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank suzannaAL

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you for taking the time to tell us and others about your stay, We too prefer the sugar birds to sugar ants but would love to know which unit you stayed in so we may better address this specific room. We hope you keep in touch and come back and see us in the future!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have never been to the Caribbean and was unsure of what St Thomas had in store for my boyfriend and I. Let me start off by saying that St Thomas is amazing and that we are already looking to visit again! Point Pleasant Resort is our new home away from home. The staff is amazing and works tirelessly to make sure you are enjoying your vacation to the fullest extent. They offer free amenities such as snorkel gear, yoga, kayak tours, and shuttle services around the east end of the island. The staff is extremely flexible and it shows that you are their number one priority. My boyfriend and I really wanted to do the kayak tour but unfortunately it was full. However, the kayak guide, Anthony, offered to give us our own private tour later that afternoon. It was an extremely cool experience to be able to Kayak around Water Bay and learn about the history. Anthony is hilarious and will make sure you have a wonderful time. Fair warning, he loves to joke around; he tricked my boyfriend into tipping the boat so that we both fell into the water! Aaron the activities manager is someone everyone should get to know! He set us up on an incredible charter to St Johns through Morning Star. It was easily the best day of our trip. Through the charter we got to snorkel with sea turtles and stingrays and have a delicious meal on a sailboat. He can also set you up on other amazing trips to almost any island you can think of! The resort is set on a hill and walking can get extremely tiring. However, Charlie and Willie, the drivers of the free shuttle service, will pick you up from anywhere on the resort and take you to one of the many local beaches, the local nightlife Red Hook, or even to a grocery store. The resort is on the East End of the island, which according to locals is the "country side". However we found Point Pleasant's location to be much more entertaining than the tourist trap we found the downtown to be. The resort is in the perfect location where it is steps away from Coki beach, Coral world, and jet skiing. It is also minutes away from other beaches and the nightlife. Our villa (D30) had just been renovated and it showed. The gorgeous interior enhanced the already spectacular view of water bay. Waking up to a view like that was surreal. The villa owner, Robin, made sure that anything you needed was already there including sunscreen and towels. The resort itself is going through major renovations that will definitely enhance the look of the resort. The spa will be open in October and my boyfriend and I are super excited to try aerial yoga, something we had never heard of before. The spa owner, Beverly Goodwine, is very accommodating and while the spa itself isn't open yet you are still able to receive massages in the comfort of your own villa. Also if you ask nicely she is more than willing to give you a tour of the gorgeous space that will soon host the spa! The staff is extremely close knit which makes the resort feel more homey. We ran into all of them at one of the local bars, Duffy's, and they all pulled up chairs like we were old friends. It made for a great night out. ​All in all the experience I had while visiting St Thomas was incredible and I thank the wonderful staff of Point Pleasant for that.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Veronica S

We are so happy to hear that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay with us so much! Its magical to hear your detailed experience and we hope your plans to return are quickly coming to fruition! Who knows, maybe we will even see you at Duffys again;) Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Will Stay here again and again... Good deal and worth every penny...Point Pleasant is located on the east end of St Thomas, just past Red Hook. All of the condo's have a view of Water Bay - Wake up to watch a spectacular sunrise from YOUR BALCONY .. watch the tree iguanas relax from your perch... you can see about thirteen islands... fantastic. We rented a vehicle, easier to get around. Only takes a couple of minutes to get down to town Red Hook. Lots of good restaurants there - Molly Malone's Irish Pub - A great place to hang out and have a few -Duffy's Love Shack - Grocery store, etc.... You can catch the ferry to St. John in Red Hook. Do It !!! Full kitchen... restaurant on site, pools.. We did our own cleaning, etc....

Room Tip: When we checked the various options we looked for a upper floor (only two / three story) for better...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Vincia S, General Manager at Point Pleasant Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you and your family for choosing to stay with us and thank you for your feedback! We hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Wonderful time with family, private setting, best staff. Stunning views and breeze. Easy access to beach. Red hook village nearby. 2 restaurants on property. Can charter boats at Resort. 3 private pools

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank A B

We are so pleased that you all enjoyed your stay with us here at Point Pleasant, nothing beats "fun" in our intimate, friendly and FUN atmosphere! We hope to see you all back again soon and thanks again for choosing Point Pleasant to be your hosts.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East End
#4 of 7 in Charlotte Amalie
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in South Coast

Been to Point Pleasant Resort? Share your experiences!