All reviews shuttle service sugar beach coki beach free shuttle amazing views rum punch akers ellis nature trail shoreline restaurant middle pool st thomas lower pool wrap around balcony golf cart private beach bar grill our honeymoon
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

This resort gets a top notch review from someone who is a pretty tough reviewer! The resort is small enough to feel like a close knit community but has enough amenities including multiple pools and places to enjoy the water so that it doesn't feel like a crowded resort. Beyond the quality of stay the staff at the resort are lifesavers. They will go above and beyond to care for you as if you are a part of the family. We would not hesitate for one moment to return and stay again, and we happened to survive Hurricane Irma there...I think that says a lot! The resort is also close to lots of other attractions including Coral World and the Red Hook ferries.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Theresa T
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Well, we weren't planning on staying at this resort for our honeymoon. We had rented a house on St. John when we realized we needed to leave ASAP because Irma was on her way. We went over to St. Thomas early in the morning to head to the airport when we realized our flight had been cancelled. The barge to get back to our original rental had closed, and there were no more flights off the island. Once we realized that we had to stay and ride out the storm we started panicking. We had no place to stay, and every hotel we called were booked full, or shutting down because of the storm. I had called five or six places, and we had stopped at a couple and were really starting to get scared, until we stopped at point pleasant. They were also trying to prepare for the storm, and weren't trying to take more guests, but once they heard we had nowhere to stay they checked us into one of their villas without hesitation. The amount of relief after speaking with the managers Jeff and Laurie that my partner and I had was overwhelming. They reassured us that the resort was sound, and had been through hurricanes in the past. They had each villa boarded up with steel storm shutters, and provided each guests with flashlights, extra towels, water, a letter with what to expect during the storm, and their personal cell phone numbers to call them until we lost service if we needed anything during the storm (because they were on property during the storm as well). They called each guests during the storm to make sure they were okay, updated us on where the storm was, and how much longer we had to go. Immediately following the storm, they went around to each villa making sure each guest was okay, and assessing damages. The storm devastated the entire island. There was no power, cell service, or water, and debris was everywhere. The entire staff who resided on the island, had lost so much considering this was their home, and we were just visiting. The amount of care they provided for 50 + guests that were staying at the resort after one of the worst hurricanes the island had ever seen was unbelievable. They were going through so much more than we were, just being tourists to the island, but still provided so much care and service for the guests. They provided drinking water, the restaurant staff cooked whatever food they had left for all the guests, they had a generator to charge phones (even though there was no service) they provided a place for us all to gather to listen to the radio and get as much information as possible, they kept us informed, along with keeping our spirits up. We eventually were all picked up to leave, and I know my husband and I will never forget the staff at point pleasant and how amazing they were. If this was the service and care we got during the worst possible time to be on the island, or at the resort, I can't imagine the type of service they provide when the resort is at 100%. Thanks Jeff, Laurie, and the point pleasant team!!!!!!!! We will absolutely be back!!!!!!!!! love-15B

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Corey C
Reviewed 26 September 2017

We stayed in B16 and I can only recommend the flat and the resort. It is such a great place to stay and to relax during vacation. In our specific case, hurricane Irma destroyed this relaxing vacation on 6th September. But even during this catastrophe for the island, the resort was a perfect place: Our flat was not affected at all, some other flats got wet. We have been 5 days w/o water and power. But nobody was injured. And the management and the staff reacted 150% well. We got coffee and soda for free, we could stay in the flats as long as necessary and in the end, we made a lot of new friends also with the other guests. It is good to know that the management is doing everything to have the guests in a safe and "as much as possible" comfortable situation. I would like to come back one day and I hope that a lot of tourists come back to USVI to support the people there.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 66Sonne
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We had reservations to this hotel for 5 days at the end of September. Unfortunately hurricane Irma came through and destroyed the island and the hotel. I ultimately had to cancel because of the damage. I called the hotel and they refused to refund me my whole amount. I find it hard to believe that their customer service expects me to still go down there on vacation when the resort is closed until October 15. An island that has a lot of money in tourist income you would think that they would be understanding and work with people who had reservations there and give them a refund so they can return when they get back on their feet, but instead they chose not to so I will not be returning to that resort.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Leslie H, Public Relations Manager at Point Pleasant Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

We apologize for the misunderstanding. Your reservation should have been refunded in full because we cannot honor stays during those dates. Please email reservations@pointpleasantresort.com with your reservation number and the name on the reservation, and we will resolve ASAP. Thank you for your understanding.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I wrote a previous review that I removed since the issue was resolved.

Point Pleasant is a very nice resort and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in St. Thomas. The room(A1) which I booked directly through the resort was very nice with a beautiful balcony view of St John and the British Virgin Islands and had everything we needed to cook meals when we chose to. The free use of snorkel gear, kayaks, etc was really convenient as well. The staff was very friendly and helpful as well.

Overall we had a nice stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family