This resort is very nice, the beach just makes it. Its a long stretch of friendly turquiose waters. I think this stretch is just as nice if not nicer than Magen's Bay.
We rented from an owner for 10 days in January. The island has a nice breeze and is seemed quite safe to be out and about at night. The island is clean.
The downside is that there is not a bar/restaurant on site, which I now learned that its nice to have that. Even if its just to run down for a bottled water. But would like to have a place to get a quick bite or some cocktails. Red Hook is like a 2 minute ride down the hill. Even for us beginning left side drivers, we felt safe driving down there at night...it was so close. And Red Hook has a ferry to St. John.
There are boating excursions that leave out of Sapphire Marina.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular beachfront villas and suites are directly on beautiful Sapphire Beach by the crystal-clear Caribbean. A full-service restaurant is easily walkable from the beach. Families with kids will enjoy the sand, pool, fishing off the dock or boat, and pirate history. Active vacationers will find plenty of hiking, scuba diving and bicycling to keep on the go. There is something for everyone. Sapphire Beach, Saint Thomas is the perfect vacation island. Book your dream visit today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sapphire Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sapphire Beach Hotel East End
- Hotel Sapphire Beach
- Sapphire Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands