We rented a 2 floor condo and booked it thru and agency. The package included airfare and was a good deal. However, there were a lot of maintenance problems w the condo (Unit C305). No phone, 1 burner of 4 on the stove worked, etc. etc. etc.. We had to pay $31 for Internet and the system timed you out and you had to log back in after only a few minutes of inactivity. When we looked for a rental we thought Internet was included. I notified the office in Bldg A several days in a row of maintenance problems & no phone and nothing was done. When the air conditioning broke we complained to the office and Corliss was very nice and accommodating, giving us unit B303. It was like night and day in terms of look, finish and comfort. When we realized the tankless hot water heater on the 2nd floor bathroom wasn't working, I complained and it was actually fixed promptly. Despite the fact that we had no internet for a few days it was much more pleasant. We had beautiful views (make that gorgeous views) and the beach is gorgeous. There is a snack bar between Bldg B and C that serves drinks and sandwiches, it's called the Banana Cabana. They close around 4 PM. There is no place to rent snorkeling equipment, despite what you may read elsewhere. Because the beach is not protected from trade winds, there are small waves and if you snorkel it is a bit harder then some other local beaches but I never had a wave break over my snorkel and get a mouthful of water. The reef is nice but like most reefs in the world it has suffered from higher water temps and acidity, still, saw a sting ray, schools of fish, urchins, fan coral, sponges, staghorn coral and more. I would probably not return to this place. If you go, make sure you rent directly from an owner, as I have read frequent complaints about poorly maintained units and I think those ones are owned by the resort. There is a great day trip sailboat, called New Horizons that is berthed in the Sapphire Marine, it was $95 per person when we took it and it is a great trip, going to St. John, Honeymoon Beach and Christmas Cover. I highly recommend that trip. Best wishes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular beachfront villas and suites are directly on beautiful Sapphire Beach by the crystal-clear Caribbean. A full-service restaurant is easily walkable from the beach. Families with kids will enjoy the sand, pool, fishing off the dock or boat, and pirate history. Active vacationers will find plenty of hiking, scuba diving and bicycling to keep on the go. There is something for everyone. Sapphire Beach, Saint Thomas is the perfect vacation island. Book your dream visit today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sapphire Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sapphire Beach Hotel East End
- Hotel Sapphire Beach
- Sapphire Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands