“girls trip 2014”

Red Hook Dive Center
Ranked #11 of 31 Tours in East End
More attraction details
Owner description: Red Hook Dive Center is a full service PADI Dive Center located in American Yacht Harbor on the east end of St Thomas. We invite you to stop by our shop where we offer all levels of dive instruction, daily dive excursions, private charters, dive and snorkel rental equipment, air/nitrox fills, and equipment service. We also offer a large selection of dive and snorkel related equipment for sale.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My friend and I were celebrating our annual girls trip in St. Thomas, VI. She has never been scuba diving before, and I am a newer certified diver. We wanted to be able to share her first diving experience together on our trip. I had read a review prior to our trip from a father and son who had been able to dive together, one was certified, and the other was not. So, after reading the excellent reviews on tripadvisor, and from our condo hosts, Kim and Peter @ Cabrita by the Sea condos, we booked the intro to scuba for my friend, and a one tank dive after the pool lesson for both of us. We enjoyed our dive at the ledges off Little St. James island. The staff at Red Hook Dive Center are friendly, professional, and fun. Chloe helped us with general questions, reservations, and did the pool instruction for my friend. Travis "the face" was an excellent boat captain. He gave us information about the area we were diving, and other facts, as well as making sure we were safe, and having fun. Miles "smiles" took one group. And, my friend and I had Luke "big tuna" for our dive master. Luke was very positive all the time. Even, when my friend had challenges with staying down, he was patient and reassuring with her. Lisa wants to say "thank you Luke for your gentle guiding hand". If we had been able to stay longer on the island, we would definitely have booked more dives with Red Hook Dive Center, and my friend would have completed the certification course with them. We definitely recommend this company.

All reviews
"feel comfortable"
"discover scuba"
"took great care"

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I visit St Thomas a few times a year and we always dive with Red Hook Dive Center. They are truly the best on the island! They are super helpful and always a lot of fun.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I (along with another couple) did a two tank dive with Red Hook. We dove as a group last year in Cabo and Red Hook easily provided us with another positive experience and a great day of diving. The crew (Travis, "Big Country," and "Big Tuna") were friendly, funny, and above all, safe. I was a bit nervous since it had been a year since my last dive, but they kept things simple and made us all feel comfortable. They were able to customize our dive experience to meet everyone's needs (two of us have trouble decompressing and I had never done "swim throughs" before) and were patient in accommodating us. Although we haven't tried any of the other dive shops in St. Thomas, I am confident that this is one of the best on the island.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

gotta tell ya when i got to st thomas i was thinking i may have made a mistake a lot of the dive centers didn't have dives going out and then i contacted red hook and my vacation got started
if i had to grade the diving in st thomas i would say its average ,But the staff at red hook made it an A+ experience from wayne to travis and john and miles and of course tabitha of all the places i've been diving the crew stood out among the best if not the best in terms of professionalism
and just outright fun people to be around would i go diving there again any day of the week
not just for the diving but to have what a dive vacation should be a fun memorable experience

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

The Red Hook Dive Center team was fantastic. I had the opportunity to get some help from the owner, Wayne, who was patient and knowledgable in getting my new gear set up. I complete 2 afternoon dive with Big Country as my guide and Tabitha captaining "Fools Gold". Big Country was very helpful to me as a newly certified and inexperienced diver. He really went out of his way to make sure I was comfortable and at ease. Tabitha did a great job running the boat and was very friendly. I will be diving with them as much as possible over the next few weeks.