“BEST DAYSAIL ADVENTURE -ST THOMAS!!!!!!”
Review of Daysail Fantasy

Daysail Fantasy
Ranked #22 of 30 Tours in East End
More attraction details
Owner description: VOTED THE NO.#1 Daysail in the Virgin Islands for several years in a row, join Capt. Pam, her crew, and a maximum of just SIX special guests on her modern Pearson sloop, Fantasy. Sail the protected waters between St. Thomas and St. John to the beautiful St. John National Park and surrounding cays for some amazing snorkeling, beach combing and swimming. And with a fishing pole included, you might even catch lunch! Snorkel gear, special floats, and Pam's easy lessons make snorkeling a breeze for all ages and abilities. Or simply relax on board in the shade with a good book and the sounds of Jimmy Buffet on the stereo. An open bar and a delicious hot lunch are served in the shaded cockpit, then, time permitting, a second snorkel stop to look for the sea turtles, followed by a gentle downwind sail to complete the day. All for just $140 per person.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Pennsylvania
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“BEST DAYSAIL ADVENTURE -ST THOMAS!!!!!!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Over the years I have had the opporuntiy to experience most of the popular Charters available. Captain Pam and her Pearson Yacht- Fantasy was amazing!!! You are treated like a celebrity! You are not over crowded in since you will not take more then 5-6 guest making the experience much relaxing and comfortable. You never feel rushed or huried in and out of the water. Some boats give you 30 minutes snorkeling before a cow bell or horn sounds. After a morning snorkeling in a private cove of the US National Park on St John we came back on board for drinks deck side, then to our surprise and delight a beautifully presented and decorated dining table with a scrumptios shrimp and fresh vegatable lunch. Fresh bread, and salad with goat cheese, plus desert was served! This is well worth the experience .

Visited June 2014

Collierville, Tennessee
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“First time sailing”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My husband booked this trip with Capt. Pam when we were visiting St Thomas back in March. The scenery was beautiful but the snorkeling was not the best as the spot we stopped off of St John was in the wind which made for quite the swim along with the sand being stirred up once we got in to the reef. She made lunch for us, which was good but I don't usually like curry and it was lacking a bit of seasoning. We also had rum punch (I think that is what it was); although they were not very stiff with rum. The best part about the trip is my husband and I were the only guests on the boat, which I think the boat was well-suited for 4 people but not many more.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank MemphisMoose
Mansfield, Massachusetts
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“a matter of opinion”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We found Captain Pam via Google and read that she was the best day sail out of St. Thomas. In my experience, the trip was good and I didn't have a particular problem with anything going on, but I guess I expected more. It could just be that it wasn't the best sailing trip for me personally...not that it isn't a good sailing trip.

Pros:

- Nice boat
- Nice deck hand who was more than willing to answer questions and recommend things for us to experience during our vacation
- Non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks (rum punch) and a nice lunch (Some people say the lunch was bland and I guess it was, but I still liked it. It was refreshing. We were on a sailboat, not a cruise ship, and they tried hard to give us a good variety.)
- Beautiful scenery
- Good company from the other people on the boat
- Snorkeling equipment and floats available
- We were allowed to snorkel

Cons:
- We sailed really slowly. I understand this was for enjoyment as well as safety, and that is not lost on me, but I would have preferred to sail faster (not racing/uncomfortable for guests, but not at snail speed.)
- We only really focused on one beach area at St. John. I would have preferred making multiple stops in order to maximize my knowledge of St. John in the short time we had there.
Although we were allowed to snorkel and not rush, I would have preferred a time limit in order to see more areas. It was advertised as a "personalized sailing trip" and I thought I would get more of what I wanted as opposed to what was planned out. We were never asked how we wanted to spend our 6 hours. However, in all fairness, I didn't ask...and there are probably reasons why the boat stops at certain locations on certain days.
- The snorkeling area we went to was not a top snorkeling area, and the beach was private. We weren't really wanted at the beach and an employee at the resort nicely let us know. If we had all of St. John available to us, why not pick a popular spot like Trunk Bay, Waterlemon Cay or Caneel Bay?
- The 6-hour trip cost us over 300 dollars for two people, after tip.
- There was a bit of drama at the dock at the beginning of the trip before we left on the boat and at the end of the trip when we got back to the dock. It was not initiated by Captain Pam and it had nothing to do with us guests, but we ended up in the middle of it and it was uncomfortable.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank paisley8387
Pacific Palisades,Ca
“What a great trip!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Our sail with Captain Pam and her crew was wonderful. It was the highlight of our trip. They are knowledgeable about the Islands and took us to a cove where the sea was calm and the snorkeling fabulous. We even caught a fish while trolling on the way. Lunch was delicious and the Rum Punch was yummy! I can definitely recommend this trip!!!

Visited April 2014
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect snorkeling day on Daysail Fantasy!”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

What a great day spent relaxing aboard Daysail Fantasy. I had company in from the states that wanted an easy sailing day. We found this with Fantasy. Captain Pam made the day an outstanding success. Between the sailing, snorkeling and a fabulous lunch I'm not sure which was my favorite part. We lucked out with 2 great snorkeling spots over on St John that Pamela assured us would be spectacular. Well, she was 100% correct! Turtles galore, sting rays and even a school of Tarpon hovered close by. Will definitely be back on Fantasy soon!

Visited March 2014