Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
Windward Passage Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
US$158
US$185
  • Pool
Mafolie Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)(Great Value!)
US$248
US$242
US$235
No availability for your dates from our partners
Elysian Beach Resort(East End)
1,228 results
All reviewsheavenly dayslobster grillsunset cruiseall inclusive plangift shopall inclusive packageiggies beach barwater toysfamily ownedsea turtlesday sailbeach frontrum punchlaid backst thomasbug spraysand fleas
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My wife and I spent a week at Bolongo Bay for our Honeymoon. Great service at the hotel, constantly getting your drink refilled and a beautiful restaurant 100 feet away from our room are outmatched by the amazing sailing trips we have taken on the Heavenly Days Catamaran. Larry, Shelly, and James made us feel right at home on the sea. We took a trip to snorkel around Honeymoon beach, St. John. We took a trip to snorkel on Buck Island for turtles. And we had a beautiful sunset cruise to end our trip. Although we appreciated everything Bolongo Bay had to offer, the reason we will be coming back is because of our amazing trips on Heavenly Days! Thanks guys!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve R
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Just returned from a week at Bolongo Bay and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The resort is just the right size and the location could not be beat. We like to explore on our trips and so the all-inclusive option did not appeal to us. Bolongo is halfway between downtown and Red Hook with gives plenty of options. We rented a car which allowed us flexibility. The Bolongo beach was very pretty and snorkeling was decent. The kids certainly enjoyed all of the free beach toys (kayaks, paddle boards, snorkel gear, paddle boats). The convenience to Iggies was the highlight though. Just walk 100 yards to the the most perfect beach bar you could imagine with music each night. Our Room (155) was close to Iggy's but the noise did not bother us at all. I agree wit most others that the hotel is no-Ritz Carlton, but I found the rooms clean. I'd highly reccomend....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank frankacorn
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Couldn't have asked for a better resort to take my honeymoon on. If you're expecting the Ritz Carlton, you're going to have a bad time. If you are expecting a laid back resort run by great folks, who will remember your name and make sure your drink is always full, then you're all set. Book now.

007, Alex, and Harry will keep you hydrated at the swim up bar, while Jess and Charlie will do the same down the beach at Iggie's, which is just about the best beach bar in the Carribean, no joke. I suggest the Voodoo Juice or a Bushwhacker. Keep a look out for Miss Viola if you need anything in the Lobster Grill, as she runs the show at breakfast.

Zaks and Adam will keep you cool trying to teach you water sports you should have just known you couldn't do in the first place, but are still proud of yourself for trying. Find em at the Beach Hut.

From what I'm told by our cab driver, Bolongo Bay is the only resort directly on the beach, which was fantastic. Our room was ocean view on the 2nd floor and our walk to the beach was 23 seconds (we timed it). Again, if you are expecting the Ritz Carlton for your room, you will be disappointed. If you expect a clean room with functioning everything that will provide a roof over your head and a comfortable bed, then you're in good shape. Let's be honest, you're not going to the Carribean for the hotel room.

All in all, we had an amazing time, and would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Doug R
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We get sucked into the reviews here, just like a lot of other people do I'm sure.
We stayed here for 5 nights in the end of February and beginning of March. I would hesitate to stay here again. The facilities are great and so isn't the food.
We spent most nights at Iggys, when are day was done, and met some great people. We also ran into a couple my wife went to school with and knew very well.
We ended up renting a Jeep for our stay, and yes, just like you've read before, driving here is very stressful, but we still think it was the way to go to see the island. We also jumped on the ferry to St John with the Jeep and explored there for a day. On St john, don't miss Trunk Bay, a beautiful place to snorkel.

Room Tip: If possible, get the balcony facing the water.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kmd1123
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My family and I stayed here and were very happy with our decision. The hotel sits in a cove and we had a beautiful breeze the whole time we were there.
Room: ocean view, which was stunning, small, but clean and the only hotel I could find that had a trundle bed that could accommodate my 2 teens that were traveling with us. Granted, the beds are all in the same small room, but everyone got a bed and slept.
Beach: bring water shoes because not only is beach a little,rocky, so is water. If u forget or forgo the water shoes , grab flippers,and snorkeling equipment because there are lots of fish out there and if you are lucky, like my husband was, you will sea a sea turtle in the sea grass. The best snorkeling was in front of Iggies bar, a reef about 10 feet off the shore line. Really cool! The rack is divided by the dock and on the left side the waters were relatively calm, but on the right side, there were waves. I am not sure if the waves were due to the winds that kept blowing in or if it is always like that, but my kids preferred the wavy side.
Food: Only choice was breakfast at the Lobster Grille, where all servers were friendly and breakfast was tasty. Had all lunch and dinners at Iggies because we preferred their menu. Christopher and Chelsea were very sweet! Ice cream and any dessert is way over priced, so you may want to skip it. Very night Iggies had a band playing and while we were there, all the bands were decent.
Activities: you must book with the Heavenly Days Catamaran. The dock is right at the hotel, so you don't have to fork out cash for those blood sucking taxi drivers. The crew, headed by Larry, was knowledgeable and hard working. We went out on the 3 hour cruise to Buck island and saw turtles, stingrays and tons of fish. Lots of good memories from that cruise!
Attractions: stay away from Coral World. It was a colossal rip off unless you sign up and pay extra for one of the activities. We got through all the exhibits in 20 minutes. The Camden aquarium in NJ is 10 times better. Coki beach sits right along side Coral World and though it was a more serene, typical Carribean beach, it was more crowded than Bolongo Bay and we opted to not stay.

Room Tip: We were in rm154 and it was just in the middle of the complex, not too close too either restaurant and far enough from all the foot traffic.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family