Tregenna Hotel
Castle Hotel(Merthyr Tydfil)
US$74
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Travelodge Merthyr Tydfil(Merthyr Tydfil)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$91
US$82
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Book in time was supposed to be 1300 hours but on arrival we were sent to the room only to find out it was still being cleaned. The room was ok but there was a lot of dust on a beam, a curtain on a skylight was badly torn and filthy. One of the bedside lights was hanging of the wall. In the bathroom there was the sound of constant running water, which disturbed us during the night. There were also a lot of dogs at the hotel who spoke loudly to each other during the night, and because I don't talk dog it only kept me awake. When we woke up in the morning and got ready for breakfast we found we could not get out of the room because of a faulty lock, so we had to phone the reception to be released from our predicament. Fire hazard or what. On our final day we had planned on complaining but management were otherwise detained by a customer complaining about a flooded room, due to a leaky radiator. All in all I would liken it to Fawlty Towers. We will not be returning there ever!!

Room Tip: Go to a decent Hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geoff S
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel would have been outdated 100 years ago.

Where do i start?

Dust everywhere, tired looking rooms and uncomfy bed, all resulting im a terrible experience

The staff were friendly but thats about it. Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank GastroEatsandSleeps
Reviewed 22 May 2013

This hotel had a few bad reviews but I was told that it has recently changed hands. I think the new owners are trying hard to turn the place round. OK, it's not the most scenic location (it's right next to the football ground) but then the area is a bit depressed having lost a lot of major employment so nearby parts of the town are run-down. The wall paper in my (single) room needed sticking back down & the cold tap on my en-suite basin howled like a fog horn at some settings. But the staff were very helpful & friendly and the food was I thought very good. We ate there every evening as a result. I also thought the cost very reasonable & would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Hotel is tucked away in a quiet street with good parking. Not the prettiest location but fine for a stopover.

Room was huge and bed comfortable - great night's sleep and great value too.

Owners were a little standoffish.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I had seen a few reviews after we had booked the hotel. Some were not very good but hey we had booked it.

I can't understand why this hotel had a bad review. The staff were very helpful and friendly, the food was great and the rooms were fabulous. .

A great friendly hotel.