Tregenna Hotel
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Wondered what to expect here when made as a last minute booking for a Sunday night in Merthyr Tydfil.
The room was adequate and clean, with a TV and a good shower.
I was offered an evening meal, and for an extra £5 breakfast, but declined as had to meet a friend.

Room Tip: Takes a little finding due to extensive road works, good off road parking.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Would love to be able to review this hotel but after going onto their web site I called them on a Saturday evening to enquire whether they would have a dog friendly room or chalet available in the middle of September. The foreign sounding male who took my call did not seem to know or be able to check anywhere to see if it was possible and take a booking. Instead he advised me to call back on Monday morning. I then took the opportunity to send an e.mail to hotel reception to make my enquiry as advised on their website. That was about two weeks ago and I am still awaiting a reply. I have come to the conclusion that the staff their are obviously incompetent and on that basis I doubt very much whether I would want to stay there even if they did have a room free!!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Book in time was supposed to be 1300 hours but on arrival we were sent to the room only to find out it was still being cleaned. The room was ok but there was a lot of dust on a beam, a curtain on a skylight was badly torn and filthy. One of the bedside lights was hanging of the wall. In the bathroom there was the sound of constant running water, which disturbed us during the night. There were also a lot of dogs at the hotel who spoke loudly to each other during the night, and because I don't talk dog it only kept me awake. When we woke up in the morning and got ready for breakfast we found we could not get out of the room because of a faulty lock, so we had to phone the reception to be released from our predicament. Fire hazard or what. On our final day we had planned on complaining but management were otherwise detained by a customer complaining about a flooded room, due to a leaky radiator. All in all I would liken it to Fawlty Towers. We will not be returning there ever!!

Room Tip: Go to a decent Hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geoff S
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel would have been outdated 100 years ago.

Where do i start?

Dust everywhere, tired looking rooms and uncomfy bed, all resulting im a terrible experience

The staff were friendly but thats about it. Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank GastroEatsandSleeps
Reviewed 22 May 2013

This hotel had a few bad reviews but I was told that it has recently changed hands. I think the new owners are trying hard to turn the place round. OK, it's not the most scenic location (it's right next to the football ground) but then the area is a bit depressed having lost a lot of major employment so nearby parts of the town are run-down. The wall paper in my (single) room needed sticking back down & the cold tap on my en-suite basin howled like a fog horn at some settings. But the staff were very helpful & friendly and the food was I thought very good. We ate there every evening as a result. I also thought the cost very reasonable & would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends