Tregenna Hotel
James' Place at Brynawel(Merthyr Tydfil)(Great Value!)
US$85
Castle Hotel(Merthyr Tydfil)
US$74
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Penrhadw Farm(Pontsticill)
US$101
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Merthyr Tydfil(Merthyr Tydfil)(Great Value!)
US$65
Travelodge
TripAdvisor
Studios at Glenthorne(Merthyr Tydfil)
TripAdvisor
The Mount Pleasant Inn(Merthyr Tydfil)
Winchfawr Lodges(Merthyr Tydfil)
TripAdvisor
The Imperial Hotel(Merthyr Tydfil)
  • Bar/Lounge
Queen Bee & B(Merthyr Tydfil)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights whilst doing tough mudder.

Honesty think they need to shut the place done and spend a lot of money doing the place up.

Walked in to our room to a musty smell, light didn't work and could hear really loud noises from the heating/boiler.

Shower was terrible just a dribble of water, wasn't even a thermostatic shower just a bog standard mixer. One morning we didn't even have hot water.

Towel was all stained with marks, dust and grime everywhere and the bed might have well been made of paving slabs. We had already paid for breakfast but after seeing the state off our rooms there was no way I was going to eat anything from there.

I'm not normally a fussy person, avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Fwb2013
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff an guests have absolutely no idea about keeping quiet when guests are trying to get to sleep. The rooms stink of curry the plumbing is noisy so noisy in fact I had to turn my radiator on when it was hot to stop the noise. Avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: Just don't risk staying here.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank gorjam58
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We booked through late rooms and had a good price and were very happy to have the suite which had a sofa and a 4 poster bed and was a nice size room. The bed was comfortable.The room was clean and the hotel quiet, We did not have breakfast or a meal but i saw they have a bar and I have heard that the food is worth trying. This hotel does have at least have some character the previous evening we had stayed at a more expensive chain hotel there are a couple of them in Merthyr which was very soulless. They have chalet type accommodation outside the main hotel and parking directlyoutside them. There are signs marked to the location of the hotel in the town centre,

Room Tip: The suite is lovely,particularly if you want to chill on the sofa.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Wondered what to expect here when made as a last minute booking for a Sunday night in Merthyr Tydfil.
The room was adequate and clean, with a TV and a good shower.
I was offered an evening meal, and for an extra £5 breakfast, but declined as had to meet a friend.

Room Tip: Takes a little finding due to extensive road works, good off road parking.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Would love to be able to review this hotel but after going onto their web site I called them on a Saturday evening to enquire whether they would have a dog friendly room or chalet available in the middle of September. The foreign sounding male who took my call did not seem to know or be able to check anywhere to see if it was possible and take a booking. Instead he advised me to call back on Monday morning. I then took the opportunity to send an e.mail to hotel reception to make my enquiry as advised on their website. That was about two weeks ago and I am still awaiting a reply. I have come to the conclusion that the staff their are obviously incompetent and on that basis I doubt very much whether I would want to stay there even if they did have a room free!!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple