“Really enjoyed our breakfasts (3 days in a row!) here!”
Review of Donkey Diner - CLOSED

Donkey Diner
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Diner, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Donkey Diner is an 'eclectic' restaurant situated in Coral Bay...sometimes mellow, sometimes zany, but always outrageously fun! We specialize in breakfast, pizza & Kickass Bloody Marys!We are located on Route 10 across from the Guy Benjamin Elementary school. There's plenty of parking but we're also easily accessible from the dinghy dock or VITRAN bus. We are open daily from 7am to 8pm. Cash or traveler's checks only please.
Reviewed 27 April 2013

We stayed in Coral Bay April 10-21 and our villa was just above Donkey Diner. At the beginning of our trip we usually just ate breakfast in our villa then headed out for the day. Later in our trip we decided we should try the Donkey Diner (even though I had been reading very mixed reviews for the past year!). We loved it! The service was great. The four of us all had different breakfast items (from combo platter, omelet, breakfast sandwich, to pancakes) and everyone loved their breakfast. Not to be too detailed, but their omelets and the roasted potatoes are really great and one of our friends loved their blueberry pancakes! Our husbands had a great time playing the large sized "Jenga" game while we enjoyed some great Bloody Mary's (they called them Donkey Mary's) before our food came out.

After our first breakfast we went back the next day AND also the next day on our way to the ferry to leave. We had the same great guy each day and I wish I knew his name because I would really give him kudos for doing a great job, even when the place was quite busy.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

I always loved this place for breakfast. On arrival into Coral Bay, i heard mixed reviews, but wanted to give this old favorite a fair chance, and had brunch there last week.
Fear not: the egg dishes are still delicious! In fact, the Greek omelet was the BEST I've had everm there or anywhere. The homefries were perfect! Coffee was delicious.
My friend had the Donkey Diner special egg mixture--sort of scrambled eggs with all sorts of goodies added. Also delicious..
The only let-down was the bluberry pancakes. Texture needs improving.
So, still highly recommended for their wonderful egg dishes!!! Relief!!
Service was pleasant and "laid-back"--remember, you are in the Caribbean, not a fast food place.
Gone from the previous place are the computers, BUT tehre is free wifi now.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

A great place to grab breakfast before you head off to the beach. They have some outdoor seating and inside is usually pretty cool. The food is good. Service is good. Prices are very reasonable and they make a decent pizza!

I know they had a management/owner change - and you can notice a difference. Owners may come and go - but Donkey Diner is here to stay!

1  Thank DebandDave46
Reviewed 4 April 2013

So I had been to St John before, but didn't go to the Donkey Diner. I was hesitant about ordering the ricotta pancakes because being a pancake snob, I didn't feel like trying anything different. Man...my pancakes were great! My husband had the breakfast burrito which was very tasty as well. Be sure to pick up a bumper sticker (like I did) or a t-shirt to say "I've been to Donkey Diner". I do believe we'll be going back, or at least I will for those awesome pancakes!

Reviewed 29 March 2013

Donkey Diner was a hidden gem - We love our breakfasts and this place was incredible. Best breakfast food on the island!! The owners and workers were great!! Told us the history of the location - In the back is ducks and stream with picnic tables. Great Place to visit!!