“If you're in St. John, you NEED to go to Vie's Snack Shack!”
Review of Vie's Snack Shack - CLOSED

Vie's Snack Shack
Price range: US$1 - US$12
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Description: We are open Tuesdays to Saturdays from 10:00 am - 5:00 pmClosed Sundays and Mondays
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My fiancee and I were in St John and we read the reviews of Vie's Snack Shack on TripAdvisor, we knew we had to try it, we made 2 attempts, one on Saturday, which they are normally open but because of Carnival in St. Thomas, they were closed, we were so bummed. We tried again on Tuesday (since they're open Tues-Sat), we got there at 4:30pm and they were so busy, they were all out of food :( We were leaving on Wednesday morning and we had to leave East End by 10:30am and Vie's Snack Shack opens at 10 and cooks and serves food at 11am, Jasmine, who runs Vie's was amazing! She heard that we really wanted to try her food, they was so gracious to open up early and have us call her when we were going to head over and she had our entire order ready by 10am when we arrived and the food was amazinggggggggggggg, I would have to say the best food I had on the island, I was so happy we got to try it! The garlic chicken and johnny cake was to die for! I'm a chicken and waffles girl, I would call this the "Island" chicken and waffles! My fiancee and I tried conch fritters all over the island, he was all about the conchs, and this was the BEST one we've had, her cocktail sauce wasn't the typical, it had her own flair to it and it was delicious!

When we come back, I think we're fine with just eating at Vie's all day every day!

There are newer reviews for Vie's Snack Shack

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We went to Vie's to pick up a late lunch/early dinner bite and took it back to our Villa on the East End of the island. It was very convenient to our Villa. The portions were huge and the garlic chicken was delicious. The conch fritters were large but not very much conch inside. They have a cute little set up and a nice beach across the street.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I am sure other people know about this place, but we are first timers to St John. Vies is a no frills snack shack, literally, where you can get local food that tastes great! In addition, for a small fee ($2.50), you can have access to their private white sand beach all day. They also have snorkel gear for renting, but cannot comment on the quality of the gear. They have a changing place, and a bathroom...they call it a bathroom--it's an outhouse. But, hey, if you gotta go....Definitely recommend the food and the experience!

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

The first time we came to Vie's in 2012, Vie's was closing (she closes at 5 pm). We are glad we came back. The conch fritters, garlic chicken and coconut tart were so good. My husband and I decided to share our meal - but don't! Get your own bc you won't want to share. It's a limited menu but so worth the trek. We first climbed Brown Bay Trail to Brown Bay (perfectly warm water with extremely quiet beach) and then enjoyed the Snack Shack for lunch. Vie was walking around and said we would live the food - she was right!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The ladies working two days ago when we were there were NOT friendly! Made the end of a perfect day for us quite unpleasant! We're out of most food, which wasn't the end of the world, however, they practically threw the plates at us and seemed ticked off that we were patronizing their establishment. Food was quite expensive and if staff doesn't start taking their "happy island" pills they won't be in business long. Would rather spend hard earned dollars at a place that wants our business. Wasn't worth the drive and won't go back!

8  Thank Sando02