“Great stay in Solaris”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
lovetotra...
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Decent Villa, but definately has its down-side.”
Reviewed 20 December 2010 for a stay in December 2010
person found this review helpful

My review is mixed on this villa. While we liked the overall layout of the villa (separate buildings, each with a bedroom with an attached bathroom, all surrounding the main building which housed the kitchen and living room), the huge pool, beautiful views, and nice balconies, we were not pleased by the lack of overall cleanliness of the villa. The biggest complaints were around critters found in the bedrooms/bathrooms (spiders, geckos, frogs, other bugs, a dead scorpion). One of the bathrooms has an open-air shower, which may sound like a cool idea until you realize that this is likely where all of the bugs/critters are coming from. I suggested to the rental agency that they might want to consider having the villa fumigated to try to improve the situation. We also found the air conditioners to be old and extremely noisy and the walls inside the bedrooms/bathrooms and around the pool to be in major need of a paint job. The only other complaint was around the smell in one of the bedrooms which took 3 days to get rid of.

Other than that the ammenities were exactly as we expected. A nice gas grill, nice kitchen, and decent furniture. Overall, the place could use some updating, but it wasn't too bad for the price that we paid. I would probably suggest looking at other villas if you can afford it. I'm pretty sure that none of the 4 women that stayed at the villa would come back based on this issues mentioned above. For me, I think you've got to expect some of the issues with the critters, just based on the location.

One other thing to note is that I would strongly recommend that you choose another car rental company other than Cool Breeze (recommended by Catered To..). We rented two jeeps and neither had working turn signals, and one had bald tires, terrible brakes and the A/C was not working. The company was not accommodating when we pointed out the issues with the vehicles. The price was comparable to other vehicles on the island so I would have expected the quality and service to be the same as well.

Even with the issues mentioned above, we enjoyed our stay and will definitely be coming back to St. John in the near future (just in a different villa).

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Rugged travelers
Dallas
Reviewed 1 June 2010 for a stay in May 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 25-34
NH
Reviewed 11 March 2010 for a stay in February 2010

Liked best: Comfort, view, pool
Liked least: Parking, road noise from afar
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 65+
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
Solaris
Reviewed 7 March 2010 for a stay in February 2010

AZ
Reviewed 3 July 2009 for a stay in March 2007

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: Everyone having their own space
Liked least: The driveway
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 55-64
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing