“Short changed”
Review of Wayward Sailor

Wayward Sailor
More attraction details
Owner description: St. John, VI Day sail charters, voted Best Day Sail Charter boat on St. John for the past five years, specialize in guided snorkeling, eco-tour with marine naturalist, personal service, family oriented; full day sails,half day, sunset sails, Jost van Dyke, BVI; snorkel reefs accessible only by boat, all inclusive, discounted price, fresh Caribbean lunches, homemade brownies, maximum of six guests, safe, comfortable classic 30' sloop, Coast Guard approved, beginner snorkelers welcome.
Houston, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Short changed”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Although he was on time and nice enough, website says sunset cruise is an hour and a half. Cut it off at less than an hour. For 280.00 plus tip not worth it. His wife kept calling. Hope you will have better luck.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank David B

Huntsville, TX
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Great sailing and snorkeling experience”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of sailing and snorkeling with Captain Phil and first mate Tarn.
My husband does not snorkel, so it was just Capt. Phil and me in the water. He pointed our some very interesting things that I didn't know. He is very detailed in how to do things, which is a good thing because he knows what works best better than those who go out with him. It was a nice, relaxing experience without the crowds and the coral was exceptionally beautiful. I was a little disappointed that we did not see an octopus, but that would have just been an extra, added bonus. This was a very enjoyable way to spend half a day on the water.

Visited October 2013
“Amazing”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Captain Phil could not be better -- he is enthusiastic, patient, and knowledgeable. Will never look at an empty shell (calling card of octupus) the same way. Best snorkeling ever. We took the full day trip and the time flew by -- we spent most of the time in the water looking at fish. Highly recommend this trip.

Visited August 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience!”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My family and I had a great time with Captain Phil & Tarn today. He is so knowledgable about the reef and its inhabitants. I loved the fact that the boat wasn't so massive that you felt like one of the crowd. We really got to know each other & Captain Phil is so likable that you will feel like old friends by the end of the day. Tarn is a fabulous first mate & is always thinking/planning three steps ahead of you. Our lunch was really good & Tarn went out of her way & made my son a p&j sandwich because he wasn't excited about the seafood salad. Skip the overcrowded catamarans & get a much more personal, memorable experience with Captain Phil!

Visited August 2013
Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience for new snorkelers”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Captain Phil was a great teacher - he gives instruction about the gear and gets in the water with you to point out interesting marine life. We saw a bigger variety of coral and fish than anywhere else we snorkeled on the island. Would recommend a full day if you have the time and budget!

Visited July 2013