“Oasis”

and up
St John Day Trip from St Thomas: Island Sightseeing and Snorkeling at Trunk Bay
Ranked #3 of 32 Shopping in St. John
More attraction details
Owner description: Mongoose Junction is St John's premier shopping and dining destination, with a collection of fashionable shops and restaurants in a unique architectural and tropical setting unmatched in the entire Caribbean. Visitors consider us one of St. John's favorite attractions after our National Park and beaches. Just a few minutes stroll from the St John Ferry Dock, you will find Mongoose Junction to be as varied and unique as St John itself, with shopping, restaurants, bars, clothing and other professional services for every style, age and taste.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Cannes
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Oasis”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This felt like a bit of an oasis. Cool...we went on a very hot day, attractive, quiet. We enjoyed the stores...not the cheap end but there was a lot of unusual and original merchandise. We had a lovely light lunch there and everyone was friendly and helpful.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Quick stroll”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I was told by the hotel owner to take the ferry to St. John's and go to Trunk beach but in between to stop in Mongoose Junction. since I had someone from a wedding party latch onto me it felt like my time wasn't my own. thus I didn't get to spend the time I wanted there but did check it out and it looked really cool perhaps on a return trip. Due to the swell at the beach the day turned out to be a bust/

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
upstateNY
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Great boutique shopping”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stopped in to Mongoose Junction on a recent trip for lunch and a little shopping. Loved the selection of stores, not the standard stuff to be found in the big ports. Especially the fabric store, that was awesome! Lunch was excellent, at least 5 choices of restaurants to pick from. Open air atmosphere with the little rock & brick nooks and bridges made this special. Must see!

GA
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great place to shop & eat - A bit of a walk from ferry, but worth it!”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

You'll need to walk a bit to get there, but it's only 1/4 mile from town and it is flat. Be sure to walk up stairs to find Sun Dog Cafe where you'll get a great lunch. Also be sure to check out Bajo Del Sol for some fantastic local art. Tap Room is also great with A/C and good tapas.

They have a website for all of their stores, but TA has a problem with me listing it in my review... Do a Google search to see all the stores there...

Visited October 2013
La Canada Flintridge, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Not our usual shopping experience”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The Mongoose Junction building is very unique. Feels like a cross between a Swiss Chalet and Hansel and Gretel's home. On several levels. Nice shops. However, be prepared. There are no good deals in shopping except that there is no sales tax. That saves those of us from the U.S. almost 10%. However, the prices of goods is much more expensive. My bathing suit I got in Los Angeles on sale for $70 was $220 in St. Thomas.

Visited August 2013