“Fabulous - Inspired -Family”
Review of Mongoose Junction

and up
St John Day Trip from St Thomas: Island Sightseeing and Snorkeling at Trunk Bay
Ranked #3 of 33 Shopping in St. John
More attraction details
Owner description: Mongoose Junction is St John's premier shopping and dining destination, with a collection of fashionable shops and restaurants in a unique architectural and tropical setting unmatched in the entire Caribbean. Visitors consider us one of St. John's favorite attractions after our National Park and beaches. Just a few minutes stroll from the St John Ferry Dock, you will find Mongoose Junction to be as varied and unique as St John itself, with shopping, restaurants, bars, clothing and other professional services for every style, age and taste.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Mongoose Junction is a destination in its self, yes the beaches of St. John are not to be missed.
but if you are savvy enough you will leave sometime for Mongoose Junction Shopping, as a non shopper, R&I Gold Smith Like a museum, and yes you can browse, wonderful sales people, ok I did buy , but this is truly Made Here Inspired artful pieces next up PORTICO , I loved the hand printed linen collection Whimsy TShirts, The OCEAN GRILL for what I can only say "best meal ever"and I mean ever, what as fantastic place!

1  Thank coquivacation

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Spent a week at St John, spent most of time at the beaches, but the quaint shops and friendly people at Mongoose was a nice break, except one shop the BAMBOULA - purchased several trinkets on 3 separate occasions, twice a nice young lady helped and had very pleasant conversation, the 3rd visit the lady (with closely cut haircut to scalp) practically made me feel like I was a burden to converse with, when I inquired about buying sea shell rings in quantity if there was a price break her condescending reply was "we are retail store not a bargaining store" - well that made me not want to purchase anything else, I went several other shops and found 'buy 2 at this price, 3 at that price' etc., I've been on plenty of islands and several other countries, never have I been made to feel that I had to work at spending my money, overall the Mongoose is fun, with lots of shade and friendly people, just not at the Bamboula :) oh and the Sun Dog has excellent food!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is a nice place to explore when you need a break from the sun. Lots of shops with some locally made items and many places have a decent happy hour.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Mongoose Junction is the closest thing you'll find to a mall in St. John. Several boutiques and restaurants comprise this open-air multi-level complex, and the overall feel is charming and comfortable.

There are several great shops to poke into and discover unique items and apparel only found in St. John. Special mention to Caravan Jewelers, on the upper level next to the Tap Room. Caravan is such a treat - a wide variety of really great jewelry at very affordable prices. They carry quality items, but scaled down to a more everyday kind of budget. We found so many great things, we knocked out a fair bit of Christmas shopping there! Well worth the visit.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

The building or collection of buildings were neat. Old world feel with modern, maintained shops/restaurants. I liked all the shops here (and on this island) as they didnt have it filled with junk made in China. There were alot of nice artisians here and good food establishments. I look forward to returning.