“Being in the middle of a Transfishelator brings to mind only one thing ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sail Dream Weaver - CLOSED

Sail Dream Weaver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Being in the middle of a Transfishelator brings to mind only one thing ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

You really don't have to go sailing,
extra bonus points if you do, all you have to do is look in Jini's eyes... the adventure begins in the depth of the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen.
Relax, laughter and the most stupid joke you can tell will get you ....
You will never look at life the same if you spend the day with Jini and your lucky enough if she shares just a glimps of her life.
Fair winds and Angels in your life forever Jini. I love you with all my hearts. XO your friend

2 Thank CaptJett

Dallas, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“The Best Day Sailing Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

For our 10th anniversary my wife and I were joined in St. John by 9 guests. Having sailed on the Dream Weaver in the past, I absolutely wanted for everyone to experience a day sail to Jost Van Dyke. We scheduled two day sails for our group, 6 one day and 5 the next. On the morning of the first sail Captain Jini called my and let me know there was no wind. We quickly rescheduled, pushing each sail back one day.

The sailing was fabulous. Jine and her first mate were very gratious hosts, ensuring everyone's drinks were full and that everyone was enjoying themselves. (Jini had asked us what beer and liquor we would like on the boat and all of the brands we requested were on board.)

Following the trip to Jost, Jini took us to a seclude reef to snorkle. It was the most amazing snokling I have ever done. By taking us to a spot where most boats don't go, we saw a reef and the associated wild life in a natural state. It was amazing.

On the ride back Jini let me drive the boat back toward Cruz Bay. All around it was a great day. The next day a group of our friends went out and it was a similarly amazing day for them. (One called it "best day ever")

For those who are concerned about some of the comments on a couple reviews, as always, I encourage you to educated yourself. Read the many good reviews. Dream Weaver isn't a corporate run business...it is a local Captain and her boat. What that means:
-If you fill the boat, it's your boat. She is very flexible about itinerary
-You will pay the same price per person as the 50 passenger mega-cat trips at the Westin and get great personal service
-You will get call drinks instead of just rum punch
-Sometimes the phone is answered on the first ring and sometimes it goes to voicemail (her office is her boat)
-Call backs might be after sundown or the next day, as her office may be at sea or with other clients (ie plan ahead)
-It is a sail boat and you are paying to go sail---cancellation will (and should) happen if there is no wind (Jini doesn't make the weather)

The best review I can give you is this: My wife and I go to St. John every year and we plan to go out with Captain Jini every time. Enjoy.

Visited August 2011
3 Thank RRRRRTexas
Central Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“This was the nicest cruise and crew we have ever met...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2010

Sailing out with Captain Jini and her crew was remarkably pleasant -- they were very attentive to us from the moment we stepped into the dinghy, and even those of us who were not totally into sailing had a wonderful time. The waters are always spectacular, but the difference between the Dream Weaver and other charters was the care and attentiveness of a crew and captain...

3 Thank Chanteuses
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Magical Sunset Sail on Dream Weaver!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2010

Dream Weaver Sun Set Sail

We have been on a lot of Sun set sails in our caribbean travels, but really, none compare with the one we took with Captain Jini and Dream Weaver! Most are so impersonal, you go out on the water and look at a sunset, if one is present, and that's it.

Sailing with Capt Jini is totally different from the "norm". Since Captain Jini limits the number of passengers to 6, everything is personal, personable, and very laid back. She feels like an old friend from the very start. Just before sunset, we were dinghyed out to Dream Weaver from the dock in Cruz Bay were met by Capt. Jini, and immediately had an adult beverage in hand. My kind of sailing! Soon we were off and sailing in the sound between St. Thomas and St. John. Along the way, Jini told us many stories about St. John and its history.

Capt. Jini went below, and soon reappeared with a tray of chesses, grapes, crackers and sausages for hors d'oeuvres. We had a choice of water, soft drinks, beer, even champagne which we had requested before hand. While we were enjoying our snacks, we witnessed the most beautiful sunset ever! It is so nice to be sailing, hearing nothing but the wind as it flows past your ears, and the gentle lapping of the caribbean ocean against the hull of the sailboat.

We are planning another trip to St. John in a few months, and a sun set sail with Captain Jini and Dream Weaver is definitely on our agenda!

1 Thank Caribert
point pleasant nj
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“DO NOT GO...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2010

I would love to write a review, however she never showed up to pick us up after waiting an hour, and not answering her phone. She did call back 4 hours later, telling us she put our reservation in the wrong month. We agreed that she would reschedule us on any day we wanted. When I called to schedule a new sail date, she didn't respond for 24 hours.
This was a blessing in disguise, because we went on an amazing Catamaran Sail trip..

2 Thank iveski