“Incredible Experience at Treetops”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Treetops

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. John
Treetops
Ranked #4 of 7 St. John B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Incredible Experience at Treetops”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

My wife and I spent our honeymoon here and we wanted to get a little of the local flavor and more importantly to get good, unbiased advice about things to do on the island; we got this and much, much more.
We stayed in the Captain's Quarters, which was nice and very clean. Hank was extremely accommodating through the entirety of our stay, giving us his cooler, beach chairs, sandwiches, beers, a great breakfast and conversation!
Hank provided us with great advice on restaurants, hiking trails, and good snorkeling spots (he knows this island like the back of his hand). He even took us out on his boat one day and personally took us to his favorite spots on the south side of the island--the snorkeling was the best here and the sights were breath-taking.
We had an amazing, unforgettable trip and highly recommend staying at Treetops!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matt B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
NC, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

It's been two months since my wife and I returned home from a week-long trip to St. John, and we still talk almost every day about our wonderful experience at Treetops. Hank was, quite simply, the best host we've ever had: a larger than life guy who's never overbearing and always takes the time to make you feel at home. He went above and beyond to give us the best trip possible, and I can't thank him enough. He's a good, honest man and a big reason why we had such a great vacation (it seems like he knows everyone and everything on the island, which means that he's an amazing resource for recommendations on where to eat, snorkel, hike, etc.).

I've been going on about Hank, but Treetops itself is wonderful. If you're looking for something beautiful, clean, cozy, and quiet, this is the place for you. It's not a big, glitzy resort; it's better: a real gem of a place tucked among the hills, trees, birds, lizards, and frogs. It's like the essence of St. John distilled into one bright, happy place (it's impossible not to feel content eating breakfast on the patio with the sun streaming in, Hank telling a story, and a delicious homemade muffin on your plate). It's obvious that Hank and his wife (who we unfortunately didn't get to meet) love Treetops and want their guests to love it too.

We don't get to travel often--in fact, our last big trip was to St. John on our honeymoon ten years ago--which is why it meant so much to us to be able to stay at a place like Treetops. Hopefully it won't be another ten years before we can return, but whenever we do we'll definitely be staying at Treetops.

There's a reason for all of the glowing reviews for Treetops on Tripadvisor: they're true. See for yourself.

Matt & Elisha

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank WeHeartStJohn
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

My wife and I honeymooned in St. John and stayed in the Captains Quarters at the Treetops for five days. It could not have been a more ideal place for us. Located just a short drive from Cruz Bay, it was a perfect get away after a day of adventures on the island. Karen and Hank made us feel right at home as if we were staying at a friends house. They helped us with any plans or needs for the day over a lovely breakfast every morning. Our room was clean and spacious, as well as functionally equipped with a fridge, sink, microwave and a gas grille outside. We were provided with anything we needed...coolers, beach chairs and towels, even a shop vac to clean all the sand out of our rental car before we returned it. The feeling of being nestle on a hillside in the trees with the sounds of birds everywhere was far better than staying in town and hearing traffic and the coming and going of other guests. Lastly, be prepared for the outdoor shower and how truly amazing it is. If I did not live in the city, I would have set upon building one just like it as soon as I got home! St. John is a truly magical place and the Treetops is right in step with the experience!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jason G
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

My girlfriend & I stayed in the First Mate's Quarters for 5 nights and had an amazing time. Our room was extremely picturesque & cozy, and even had some beer,snacks & sodas ready for us in the fridge. Hank even took us out on his "lobstah" boat the Pot Luck and we went snorkeling, and saw a giant sea turtle. We felt right at home and grilled out one night there. Every morning Hank had a nice breakfast (& some fantastic stories) for us. Treetops is clean and the views are amazing, there is no mistaking you're in a tropical paradise. It is outside of town so we rented a Jeep which is a must to get around St. John. We were very glad to choose this B&B over a big hotel. In short, if you're thinking of visiting I'm certain you'll have a memorable time. I miss the birds & tree frogs at night!

Room Tip: First Mates is 1 BR, 1 bath w/ a nice private deck overlooking a tropical valley
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

We stayed 2 nights at Treetops and we would have loved to have spent more time. The property is aptly named. It feels a little like staying in a treehouse, but of course, with all modern facilities. My husband and I and our 6 year old son stayed in "Captain's Quarters," which had plenty of room for the 3 of us, and my mother stayed in the "First Mate's Quarter." They were both beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean, and had some nice extras like snacks, drinks in the mini-fridge, guidebooks, and insect repellent (which luckily we did not need.) It was luxury, for about the price as camping - very reasonable. The hostess Karen was wonderful and made a delicious breakfast which was different both mornings, and included freshly baked cinnamon rolls, muffins and mango bread. She was very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately we did not get to meet her husband Hank. Maybe next time!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank SabinaE
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed for a week at this charming B&B. The photos and reviews don't do it justice. The location is lovely, the owners are extremely accomodating and really take the time to ensure your stay is comfortable, and the rooms are clean!!!! I highly recommend Treetops, but I also hate to do it, as I don't want it to fill up before I set my vacation dates for next year. We would certainly go back!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CRum_12
Porter
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I have traveled all over the world and this is the best B&B I have ever stayed in. The room was charming, very well appointed, with a comfy bed and a secluded atmosphere. It had a private deck amongst the trees! The basket of essentials, like sunscreen and bandaids, was extremely thoughtful as was the mini-fridge stocked with water and soda. They even remembered the salsa and chips for my first night! The breakfasts were wonderful-fresh fruit and yummy muffins- and Hank and Karen were extremely attentive, going out of their way to assure an excellent experience on St. John. It has to be the very best value on St. John as well. You can keep Caneel Bay and the Western...I'd stay at Tree Tops every time!

Room Tip: Both rooms are perfect but the Captain's Quarters would also suit a family as it has a futon for...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo