Treetops
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in St. John
See available hotels
St. John Inn(Cruz Bay)
View Hotel
Caneel Bay Resort(Caneel Bay)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Elysian Beach Resort(East End)
View Hotel
All reviewscaptain's quarterspot luckwonderful hostsfish bayoutdoor showerb bcaptain hankeach morningtree frogscruz baywonderful conversationkaren's breakfastspeaceful locationwonderful bed and breakfastlistening to the birdsshort driveother guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My fiancé and I stayed in the Captain's Quarters at Treetops. We LOVED it!

Some of the best parts of our stay included the beautiful room with a nice seating area and small kitchen, the delicious breakfasts, the A/C (this was very nice!...I believe only the Captain's Quarters has A/C), no TV (my favorite part!), and of course Hank's boat trip which was spectacular. Hank was a great host...we wouldn't have change a thing about our stay.

Some other notes: The area is not within walking distance of downtown, but that was not an issue for us. We enjoyed being away from the crowd. There is wi-fi, so you are not completely out of the loop. The outdoor shower was strange at first, but you get used to it.

St. John is a beautiful, breathtaking island and I am counting down the days until we can visit again (at Treetops of course).

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank LXC3
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My wife and I decided to stay at Treetops in St. John as part of our honeymoon experience. We very much enjoyed our stay and would love to go back in the near future. We stayed in the Captain's Quarters and between the place feeling cozy and Captain Hank's hospitality, we felt right at home and were very much able to relax and enjoy our trip. Breakfast every morning was very refreshing and Cpt. Hank always had interesting information and stories to share about island history, geography, events, etc.

We would highly recommend a boating trip on Cpt. Hank's boat. We snorkeled every day for 8 days in St. Croix, St. John & in the BVI. But in one day with Cpt. Hank we were introduced to the best snorkeling of our entire trip!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ryan P
Reviewed 25 May 2013

If you’re looking for an extravagant and expensive place to stay on St. John, along with a flashy lobby, dozens or hundreds of guests, fancy pool, valet parking, heart-attack style breakfasts, sterile hotel furnishings, noise and bustle, then Treetops is NOT the place for you. However, if you’re looking for a quiet location where you can feel completely relaxed to unwind from the day’s (or life’s) activities and distractions, this is the place for you. Although it’s only a short drive to town, you’ll feel like you’re in your own private and secluded residence. The accommodations are casual and comfortable; more like being at home instead of an impersonal hotel-like setting. Breakfasts were a healthy mix of fresh fruit, juice, hot coffee, warm-out-of-the-oven muffins and other goodies. It was just the right balance to prepare you for a day of relaxation or adventure or a little of each.

Capt. Hank was our host during our stay as Karen was traveling. We stayed in the Captain’s Quarters, pictures of which you can see on the Treetops website. The pictures can’t capture the true character and tranquility of this Bed & Breakfast. Capt. Hank has put together an impressive setting including walls and walkways artistically embedded with shells, colorful fragments and other interesting items. Don't be surprised if you see a few curious but shy geckos scurrying about.

One of the highlights of the Captain’s Quarters is the outdoor shower! While private from the view of your hosts or the other guests, one side is open to a dense tropical hillside view. Outstanding! If you’re shy about the birds seeing you, you can always use it after the sun goes down.

Capt. Hank is an ideal source for information about the history and goings-on for the island. He’s very conscientious about protecting the environment and has a great philosophy on life. He also gets involved in charitable activities on the island. Be sure to engage him in conversation and you’re sure to find a mix of intelligent discussion, honest views and some great stories from both on and off island. Absolutely, positively plan a snorkeling adventure with Capt. Hank on his seaworthy vessel the Pot Luck II. He knows the good spots and can read the weather and seas to get the best out of those locations. Be sure to follow his advice at any given site; you won’t be disappointed. My wife and I have snorkeled many places in our lives, but the adventure with Capt. Hank was the most outstanding we’ve ever had.

By all means, adventure out and around the island. Visit the many beaches. Have lunch or dinner at an out-of-the-way eatery. Go shopping and people watching in the bustling town. But when you want to relax and let your mind & body unwind, head back to Treetops. You'll return from vacation a new person with some great memories.

Keith & Barb

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Keith_and_Barb
Reviewed 22 May 2013

My Wife and I spent a week at Treetops on our honeymoon to St. John. We had a great time at Treetops. We stayed in the captians quarters. Which is a good size room, with the bed blocked off in one area and good sized living area with a sink, fridge, microwave, table and chairs and couch. Outdoors shower was great. Breakfast was awesome. Hanks stories and island advice was great. They offer beach towels, chairs and coolers for you to use. A car is a must for this B&B but I would say a car is a must if you are really going to get a good experience of the St. John. Got nothing bad to say about this place. We really enjoyed our time at the Treetops.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Linxerz
Reviewed 20 May 2013

My second stay at Treetops was a solo trip. I stayed in the Bunkhouse, which worked out nicely for me being by myself. Karen was away this time, but Hank took great care of me! They were flexible with letting me do a quick two-night stay and I even got an afternoon adventure on the new Pot Luck! I highly recommend a day or afternoon on Hank's boat. He took the group to some fantastic snorkeling spots and the company could not have been better.

Room Tip: I have stayed in both the Bunkhouse and the First Mate's rooms. The Bunkhouse is tucked in under the house, so does not have a lot of natural light, but it is spacious and convenient for a single traveler. The First Mate's room is airy and has a deck area just outside the door.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo