The house is great. There is ample communal living space, a central bathroom (no tubs in the house) a master bedroom with private patio & bath, plus another private bedroom with a queen bed. The third bedroom is the smallest with 2 twin beds that can convert to a king and had a ladder (NOT a staircase) that leads to the loft. The loft has 2 full beds and overlooks this bedroom and the living room. We didn't use the loft space because it wasn't very convenient for any of us going up and down the ladder. There was a second master suite on the ground floor with it's own bath and huge balcony (near the pool) but it did not have direct access to the house (it was completely on the other side of the home).
- it was comfortable with just the windows and doors open (and I'm from Miami and live for central air)
- great amount of space and comfortable setting
- secluded, never disrupted by noise or neighbors
- loved that the grounds were gated so we didn't have to worry about the 3 kids running off, or animals coming up to the house and scaring urban folk :)
- the house was very clean and well maintained
- the road to get to the house is the pits,so much so that we put off running back to the house if we forgot something or wanted a mid-day break. There is a drought in St John right now and it made the surface of the road that much more rocky and difficult to manage
- the house has no views, not even from the happy hour tower, but it was great for star gazing at night
- the patios/grounds are great but the mosquitoes stop you from enjoying the outdoor space
- the patio from the living area/outdoor dining/grill has no direct access to the pool or ground level
- roosters and heard at all hours of the night, and since the windows are open at all times you can't escape it
- house is conveniently located up the road form the Love City Mini Mart which carried everything you need except fresh meat.
- Throughout the trip we never met the owners and they didn't check in on us. The day before our trip their friend Monica called and said she would help us out. She was very friendly and helpful, but it would of been nice to obtain the change of plans directly from the owners. This was not out first trip to St. John, and were accustomed to a personal level of service that was not provided while staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Starlit Escape is an immaculate 1 bedroom 1 bath rental villa with a pool nestled in a private, forested valley on St. John's unspoiled east side. Surrounded by tropical gardens, fruit trees and wildlife, this villa offers the full Island experience. Conveniently located to all that is St John; the palm guarded white sand beaches, the Virgin Islands National Park, the many restaurants and bars, sailing, hiking, shopping and just plain relaxing await. Family owned and managed, the aptly named Starlit Escape is known for its seclusion, peacefulness and natural beauty. No detail has been left out and the owners are always accessible for any need. All amenities are included or will be provided upon request. Starlit Escape accommodates up to 4 guests, making it ideal for couples or families with small children. Relax when you reserve this St. John rental villa knowing that as your on-site owners, we will provide you with the best service to ensure that your Virgin Islands vacation will be memorable for a lifetime. Experience the magic of St. John stress-free, before during and after your trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Starlit Escape Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starlit Escape Villa St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands