House of Open Arms
Gallows Point Resort(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
US$534
St. John Inn(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
US$235
Hotwire.com
US$294
US$286
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
Caneel Bay Resort(Caneel Bay)
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscatherine perryhomemade granolaoutdoor showerhurricane holecoral baysteep drivewayskinny legsevery morningferry dockendless viewsadirondack chairslittle slice of heavenour honeymoonthe trade windswaves crashing on the shoregracious hospitalityamazing artist
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Oh my goodness - never thought I would have such a wonderful vacation experience! My husband and I stayed at the cottage to celebrate our 10 year anniversary and it was perfect. We are both active people who like adventure as well as relaxing. Catherine has seriously thought of everything from providing an amazing meal the night we arrived to little details like aloe in the bathroom for a little burn I got while snorkling. She told us places not to miss on the island, good snorkles, good hikes, good ruins to not miss. The accommodations at the cottage were excellent - comfy bed, amazing outdoor shower (wasn't sure about that at first but fell in love with it QUICKLY). We had everything we needed to cook romantic meals as desired and her recommendations for eating out when we wanted to do that were superb. The view from the deck was breathtaking and nice and shady with the sound of the surf and wildlife fully surrounding us. The constant breeze made it quite comfortable even on warm days. The cottage had air conditioning but we never needed to use it. The drive was a bit rough up the road to get there, and there were many steps once we arrived but this is what provided the view and privacy that we fell in love with so it was worth every bump and step. This place was centrally located to all the things that we wanted to go see and do. I highly recommend this to couples looking to get away together who love adventure and don't mind a little exercise to have these things. We will be going back - we have found the perfect place for us to reconnect - no need to look further! Thank you Catherine!!!

Room Tip: Cottage has the most privacy and the AMAZING outdoor shower
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wenryett
Reviewed 4 June 2013

As wonderful as I thought our Honeymoon in the villa would be, the reality was far beyond my imagination. From the thoughtful care of Catherine herself as well as the details with which the home was created, our days resulted in the experience of serenity, comfort, and beauty.

I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to celebrate our marriage in a space so supportive of love and connection. Ken and I have already made a promise to each other to return to this magical place with so much to offer.

I recommend without reservation, the villa, the owner Catherine and her expertise, and what is simply a trip of a lifetime.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Anglina1012
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We just returned from our vacation at "House of Open Arms". We stayed in the cottage which was great! It has a covered porch that you can sit on and look at the most amazing view you have ever seen! We fed the birds each day some sugar and they loved it. The cottage also has a beautiful outside shower. It is perfect for 2 people. The cottage is located in Coral Bay which is about 30 mins from Cruz Bay on a road that reminds you of the road to Hana in Maui. There is a short cut to the beaches if you turn by Columbo's smoothies, which are really good... I can't say enough about Catherine the owner of House of Open Arms. She is a wonderful person and would do anything she could to make your stay everything you dream of. I watched her one afternoon at her pottery wheel while she made a small mermaid pitcher. After she made it I asked if I could buy that one. She said of course. I will look at it everyday and think of her and our vacation we had in May 2013. Also, she is a wonderful cook. She fixed our first meal when we arrived. I don't think you would find a nicer place to stay on St. John, VI.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank killd0ga
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My husband and I booked the House of Open Arms 10 months before our visit and we did it based on the pictures alone. I am usually anal about reading all the reviews before making a choice but for some reason I was led to just book it. It wasn’t until about a month and half before our vacation that I read the reviews and felt we had been very blessed to find this location. I couldn’t wait to experience the peace and tranquility of the House and to meet Catherine Perry in person. Needless to say, we were not disappointed. We stayed in the villa and it was beautiful and so relaxing. We enjoyed the pool every morning watching the sun rise, feeding the banana finches and swaying in the hammock in the evenings while staring at the stars. Catherine has missed none of the details while building and stocking this home. We had everything we could possibly need. And Catherine… she is a beautiful person inside and out. She is truly a gracious woman with the gift of hospitality. She not only shared her home with us but a piece of herself. We left the House of Open Arms more relaxed than we had been in years and believing we had found a new and dear friend. We can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Angela P
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We were completely satisfied with our recent stay at this property. It is as beautiful as the photos and very clean and spacious. Catherine is much more than a gracious hostess- she is a friend who will do anything she can to make your stay pleasurable. The only downside is the walk up and down to the villa which was hard on my husbands knees so would not recommend if you have moderate to severe arthritis or health problems. Otherwise, we had a wonderful 8 days in glorious nature. We loved that you can book any number of days and not limited to Saturday to Saturday . The pool was perfect and we enjoyed the birds immensely. St. John is a gorgeous island with endless beaches and trails to explore. We hope to return sooner than later!

• Stayed: April 2013