House of Open Arms
Gallows Point Resort(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
US$444
St. John Inn(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
US$242
Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
US$275
  • Breakfast included
Estate Lindholm(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$344
Hotels.com
Concordia Eco-Resort(Virgin Islands National Park)
VisitUSVI
  • Pool
Cinnamon Bay(Virgin Islands National Park)
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Hotels.com
All reviewscatherine perryhomemade granolaoutdoor showerhurricane holecoral baysteep drivewayskinny legsevery morningferry dockendless viewsadirondack chairslittle slice of heavenour honeymoonthe trade windswaves crashing on the shoregracious hospitalityamazing artist
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband and I were blessed enough to be able to make St. John our Honeymoon destination. A House of Open Arms was where we set our sights and given the opportunity to return we would, no question, return to the same spot. In fact, discussions on how soon we can venture back are already taking place!

The Cottage where we stayed; is charming and cozy. The view from the porch overlooking Coral Bay & Hurricane Hole is magnificent whether you're rinsing out your wine glass catching the sunset in the evening or giving cheers to one another with your coffee from your Adirondack chair in the morning. The outdoor shower is magnificent. All the amenities Catherine provides are wonderful. You truly feel, almost immediately, as if it were your own.

Catherine, (aka the hostess with the most-ess) welcomes you with open arms at the Red Hook Ferry and quickly becomes a friend that just lives at the top of the Inn. She always greets with a smile and a genuine interest in what adventure you're off to have or had that day. She is such a phenomenal resource to have (in addition to the resources she provides you with prior to even reaching the island) and can steer you in fun directions to treats and wonders only a local has the privilege of having.

All in all a better honeymoon we could not have imagined in our wildest dreams. Go, enjoy, and you'll soon be scheming as we are.

-The Wolvertons

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wolverton2
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My husband and myself have been lucky enough to call Catherine a very good friend after spending multiple times at the Villa, that we refer to as our Home away from Home! Please look at my previous reviews also. This was our fourth time staying at the Villa. We visit St. John as often as we can. We came in January of this year with another couple and stayed at a two bedroom villa, that was very nice, but we felt we did not have any alone time. This time we decided to stay at A House of Open Arms with my husband's brother and his wife. They stayed in the cottage and we once again stayed in the villa. We had a much better time than in January. Both couples got to experience the Villa, Cottage, Pool, and some well needed alone time. We did our eating and cooking at the villa and had more than enough room, both inside and outside. Catherine had the Villa deck all set up for eating for four, and we had our best meal of the week together on our first night, compliments of Catherine. I would never consider staying anywhere else when traveling with another couple. It was so enjoyable to spend time with each other alone and with our family. Thank you Catherine for sharing your slice of paradise with us once again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trina M
Reviewed 30 July 2013

House of Open Arms Villa was the perfect place for my 10 day vacation in St. John! The Villa was beautifully described and photographed and provided every amenity I needed to make my stay relaxing and rejuvenating.

From the thoughtful gourmet welcome dinner after a long day of travel to homemade granola to start the day to exchanging my towel and sheet midway through my extended stay, Catherine made my vacation a five-star experience! Catherine made excellent recommendations on hikes, beaches, and additional activities. She is a wealth of information and truly has the gift of hospitality in addition to being an inspirational artist.

The beauty of the island welcomed me every morning with the song of the sweet birds and incredible sunrises and lulled me to sleep every night with the sound of the surf. Air conditioning was an option, but the breeze from the sea cooled the Villa perfectly. The hammock made a wonderful place for an afternoon nap or a read from a great book chosen from the collection in the Villa. The pool was such a refreshment and I enjoyed it immensely as I took in the stunning view! On the nights I chose to coo, I found the kitchen lacked nothing.

The House of Open Arms Villa was the perfect place for my stay in St. john, and Catherine was an absolute joy to encounter. I will definitely repeat my stay in St. John at the House of Open Arms next year!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank texasgirl1217
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

When we booked the place we got a hint that this would be something different. Catherine, the owner, sent us a guide book (free of charge) of USVI to Sweden! When we arrived to st John she greeted us with open arms. She cooked us an amazing welcome dinner and all we could do was to sit back, enjoy the spectaular view and sip on some wine. For coupels this place is perfect. We also enjoyed the outdoor kitchen where we cooked all our meals. If you like a more charmy stay apouse to the big hotel complex this is the place!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Pa_Setreus
Reviewed 10 July 2013

If you are looking for a clean, comfortable, amazing sanctuary of beauty, peace, & relaxation...look no further! "A House of Open Arms" is the place for you! My husband & I went there as a surprise 40th Bday for my husband & staying @ the House of Open Arms Villa was the best decision I have ever made. I have never planned a big trip like this before including renting a place "on-line" without any knowledge of the place; therefore I was a bit hesitant/nervous about it. Catherine is accommodating, helpful, & makes the whole process so easy & hassle-free! Before you even arrive Catherine will mail a beautiful book about St John to get your trip planning started! Once you arrive on the island, she meets you at the ferry w/ a big smile, takes you to pick up your car rental (make sure it's a jeep!), drives you to the grocery store to stock up, & then leads you to the villa/cottage. Once you are unpacked at your home away from home, she makes/serves you a delicious dinner. After that she will be available to you as much/as little as you need! She met w/ us over coffee our 1st AM to discuss all the places "not to miss" including beaches, hiking trails, secret snorkeling spots, restaurants, etc. There is also a guest book in the villa written by previous guests giving suggestions for places to go/not go. Rest assured, even though the villa/cottage are on the same property as her home it is very quiet & secluded! You can be assured your privacy! Catherine has put the utmost care & love into designing this oasis & even the tiniest of details are not overlooked! The bed in the villa is clean & super comfortable & the villa is well stocked with all the ammenities you can think of to make your visit as easy as possible. The view from right outside your door is second to none & there is always a comfortable breeze! As most reviewers have mentioned, the island of St John is mountainous & where " A House of Open Arms" is is no exception resulting in the most stunning view! So, be forewarned that the cottage/villa are down a steep driveway where you park up at the top & walk down each day (the cottage is approx 50+ steps further down the mountain than the villa) So, for those who are able to make the walk it is quite worth it! Also, FYI...one thing to be aware of if you are planning a trip in the off season, as we did...in Sept...most of the restaurants in the Coral Bay area are closed. For us, it didn't matter, we ended up doing a lot of grilling & having cocktails while watching the sunset over the beautiful Carribean Sea & enjoying quiet 1-on-1 time together! If you decide to stay here I guarantee you will LOVE it & will NOT be disappointed! We sure did & I can honestly say it was the BEST vacation ever!

Room Tip: The cottage is further down the mountain with about 50 extra steps. The villa is well equipped with a full kitchen and full size refrigerator. But, most importantly it has a private plunge pool which for us was worth every extra penny!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple