“GREAT FAMILY FUN ON THE LION IN DA SUN”
Review of Lion In Da Sun

Lion In Da Sun
Ranked #4 of 98 Tours in St. John
More attraction details
Owner description: Lion In Da Sun is a "Captained Powerboat Day Charter" business in the US Virgin Islands of St. John and St. Thomas. The days activities are completely up to you and might include island hopping in the British Islands such as Jost van Dyke, Sandy Spit, Norman Island, and Virgin Gorda among many others. You can incorporate world-class snorkeling, beaches, bars, and local lunch spots. The day is completely up to you!
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Captian Rick,
I have chartered boats around the world and have had many Captians tell me how great they are and then be let down, not with Capt. Rick he was excellent, his knowledge of the area was great, his knowledge of the History of the Islands was unbeleivable and he made our day with him terrific. I am already planning our next trip and plan on chartering Capt. Rick for a couple of days on my next trip. I can't say enough good things about our day with Capt. Rick. I would reccommend Lion in Dan Sun to everyone traveling in Virgin Island. Peter Greene and Family and Jack and Joanne Kilmartin.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We spent the day with Captain Rick and had such a wonderful time. He was the perfect balance of informative but not overly pushy. He was very knowledgeable about the Islands and their history, sharing fun facts as we cruised from island to island. I have to say, I never write reviews about my vacations, good or bad, and cruising with Captain Rick was such a great experience, I wanted to recommend him to anyone visiting the area. You won't be disappointed, unless you hate fun.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We are seasoned travelers to St. Thomas and have been on Captain Rick's boat four times in the past four years. That alone should give you an idea of what we think of Captain Rick and his trip. Every year when we plan our trip to St. Thomas, we plan all of our activities around when we can go on the Lion in da Sun. Captain Rick is nothing short of fantastic.

Since we have been on his trip several times, he gives us the option to decide where we should go each time. He always has great suggestions and we are always pleased with everywhere he takes us. Some day trips do not allow you to choose your destinations for the day, but Captain Rick leaves it up to us. That is a huge plus as going to the same place many times can get old.

We enjoy Captain Rick's company when we are on Lion in da Sun. He is not just a captain of the boat, but interacts with us, and we consider him our friend. He is a top-notch guy and we enjoy every minute with him.

This year, we were extremely pleased with our trip and cannot wait to go back. My dad and boyfriend wanted to snorkel in a more adventurous location, so Captain Rick took us to Carvel Rock off St. John. After giving us a history lesson of the rock and what to expect in the water, my dad and boyfriend snorkeled for almost an hour. They came back to the boat in awe of everything they saw. After snorkeling at Carvel Rock and heading to customs, we snorkeled at the Indians. We have visited the Indians several times and it was just as great as we had remembered. We had lunch at The Willy T and it was super! We enjoyed Captain Rick's company during lunch. After lunch, we headed to Sandy Spit, which we consider a must-see. We drank a Corona at the island where the Corona commercials were supposedly filmed, and then headed to our favorite stop, White Bay, and had more than a few painkillers from Soggy Dollar Bar. White Bay was the perfect ending to a perfect day.

All in all, we could not have asked for a better trip. Each year we come back and wonder if Captain Rick can top our trip from the year before and he ALWAYS does. His personalized touch on the itinerary and his friendly interaction with us is truly unique. We have been on MANY boat trips in St. Thomas over the years and nothing beats a trip with Captain Rick. I promise you will not regret booking with him!

We also love how responsive he is. From emails to his Facebook page, you can always get in touch with him. Check out his Facebook page "Lion in da Sun" to see his daily posts of his trips. The smiles on his customers' faces should be evidence enough that he deserves your business.

Can't wait to see you next year, Captain Rick!

lionindasun, Owner at Lion In Da Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Angela,
The years disappear but you and the family don't!
You are definitely friends as well as charter guests. It was great to see you all again
Thanks so much for your continued adventures!
Capt. Rick and Peter

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have chartered with Captain Rick on Lion In Da Sun the past three years. Every trip has been better than the last. What I have grown to appreciate the most about this charter is Rick's effort to take us to new amazing places each successive trip. We still hit all our favorite spots, but the icing on the cake is the new experience. Rick and his nephew Peter are more than willing to accommodate their guests to satisfaction. Don't waste time on other private charters in the Virgin Islands. Lion In Da Sun will pick you up on the island you are staying. Do this!!!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Capt. Rick finds exquisite gems for you to experience, a great day for us! We've been to the British Virgin Islands before and around St. John, but we learned and saw new things this time. Lots of fun for all of us, from 3-68 years!