“Clean and tidy.”

Premier Inn Merthyr Tydfil
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pentrebach
Reviewed 13 August 2012

One nightstop. Hotel is set back from the main roadf, but Navigation picked up fine.

Two floored property with pub/restaurant in the ground. Had a room over the garden on side of dual carriage way, towards the M4 to Cardiff. No noise issues.

Cheerful check in, asked for ironing room, but given one to take. Vending machine in front of reception. Ample parking.

Standard Premier Inn room, however the room was quite warm, and they had provided a fan with a note in the room for this purpose. Samsung LCD TV with freeview, not a large range of channels however.

Had continental breakfast, all usual requirements were adequately met, with apple, orange, cranberry juice. Plenty of cereals, muffin, yoghurt, croissants, bread and tea/coffee.

Cheerful checkout and overall, cant really knock it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Nadeem786

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Stayed for one night following a wedding. The access to the hotel is not so easy to spot when heading from the south. The hotel and neighbouring pub are set off the road, the pub is a lovely old building though we didn't venture in. The reception staff were very polite and helpful, considering we rolled in to checkin after midnight! The room was very spacious and comfortable, I think more comfortable than other PI's I've stayed in. The hotel is next to a busyish road but you can't hear it at all from the rooms. The hotel was very quiet and we had a great nights sleep. I wouldn't worry about air con - when does it ever get hot in Merthyr? They provide a fan anyway, so just do what you'd do at home! Great stay and I'd stay again if I needed to!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel A
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We expected an ok bed for the night. However we got a quick efficient check in. All four rooms were clean and well kempt with no problems. Clare on reception was extremely friendly helping with extra tea bags etc for our rooms. On leaving I left mt charger in the room and Clare rang one of our party to inform us and we were able to pick up before leaving the area. Fab service. We ate in table table in the evening and for brekkie and it was hot and as described. No problems.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank RickyTracey
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I have stayed here quite often since my father has been taken ill. They all make you feel welcome. Nice comfortable beds and pillows. Table Table food great value, especally the indulgent, yummy Makhani!! The staff are all so friendly and have an excellent standard of customer care. I had to stay for 5 (stress filled) days and they really made me feel I had a home to escape to in the evenings. I could not praise this little gem highly enough.

Room Tip: I can sleep anywhere so noise is not a problem with me, but the car park side would be sooler if th...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Flatlander_901
Reviewed 5 June 2012

A 3 night stay to see the Breacon Beacons National Park. The hotel is clean and nice and the staff were very friendly and always smiling. Our friends' room faced the road and the cars could have been heard easily from there. We always prefer the side of the hotel that doesn't face the road, but it had a disadvantage too, because there was a strong light placed in the carpark.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andska
Reviewed 30 April 2012

It was a pleasure to stay in merthyr tydfil, The staff were very friendly and could not do enough for my wife and myself, rooms are excellent,

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Irene D
Reviewed 10 April 2012

A short break for the family to experience mountains rather than the coast. The snow was a bonus. Hotel was very comfortable and the room a good size for a family of 4. The pub was good and I made good use of the all you can eat breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SteveD600XO
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pentrebach
Travelodge Merthyr Tydfil
#2 of 3 in Merthyr Tydfil
Nant Ddu Lodge Hotel & Spa
The Old Rectory Country Hotel and Golf Club
Ty Newydd Country Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Merthyr Tydfil? Share your experiences!