“Very Yummy”

The Banana Deck
Ranked #22 of 57 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Aloha and welcome to The Banana Deck, home of the Big Deck Burger! Located in downtown Cruz Bay on St. John, we offer a full menu of casual Caribbean cuisine and American classics! We're all about providing good food and good service in a great atmosphere to bring our customers the best experience!
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We had diner at the Banana Deck on one of our lasts nights of vacation and it was really yummy. The food was great and our waitress was such a sweetheart. We had 8 people and the wait was 45 minutes. The hosted kept us updated the whole time so we knew they didn't forget about us, so nice. We would definitely go back

1  Thank Banana_jama

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The restaurants and bars right across from the ferry dock are very crowded, with mediocre food. But right across the street from the Beach Bar, up a flight of stairs, is the Banana Deck, where the drinks were delicious, the food excellent, and the prices reasonable. I had chicken skewers and I ate the entire thing, even though the portion was generous. To drink, I had the Dirty Banana, which is basically a banana daquiri with coffee liqueur added. My husband tried a mango beer made on the islands. It actually did taste and smell like mango. There was a lot of variety on the menu, several things appealed to me and it was hard to choose. True, the views aren't as good as they are at the places right on the shore, but the food is better. We tried a couple places closer to the ferry dock and were disappointed. At one of them, I had one of the worst meals I've ever had. So we were pleasantly surprised when we ate at the Banana Deck, and glad we had walked all around looking at menus.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Good food, nothing special but great service. We went for lunch and then tried again for dinner hoping for an improvement. The views are average which doesn't make up for the average food. It was highly recommended and I believe our expectations were too high. Nothing special, good food and just another restaurant.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Went here for lunch. Was not busy and the service received was friendly but slow on getting drink refills. Had a similar burger at another restaurant on the island and the burger there was much better than here. I wouldn't return here for lunch would maybe give dinner a try.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

With so many good places in St. John this place was a huge disappointment. They are suppose to have amazing steaks. Odd that on a not busy night they were out of the 10 and 14 ounce steaks so you had to pay for the bigger steak. Huge disappointment. It was one big pile of fat! I got maybe two bites of actual steak. The preparation was good but very disappointed. The kebobs were dry and no taste. The chic dish was the one thing that was worth the price.