“Two Visits in One Week!”
Review of da Livio

da Livio
Ranked #24 of 60 Restaurants in Cruz Bay
Price range: US$12 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Da Livio is nestled in the heart of Cruz Bay. Offering an exclusive and authentic taste of Italy, we bring you a unique dining experience to the island that's not offered by any other restaurant around. Aside from bringing you a crafted menu, we are also a private distributor of wine and specialty imported goods. Each of our dishes are packed with outstandingly fresh ingredients that are all imported to ensure that we serve our original recipes the way they are indented. Choose from our handmade pastas and sauces to our brick oven pizza- everything is made from scratch, each time. From the Caputo flour, imported from Napoli and used in our dough- to the Faema E61 that is the only one on in the entire islands, come taste the difference and quality with us at Da Livio!
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is the only restaurant on St John we visited twice in one week because the quality of the food and charming atmosphere is exceptional. This isn't the Olive Garden so you can expect portions just the right size and we shared our salads and entrees so we could try as many options as possible.

1  Thank BostonBoater

Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

The food was nice quality and fresh, but nothing special. The prices were high for average food. I would not return to this restaurant again.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

As per TA reviews and other St John travelers' recommendations, we checked this place out for their authentic Italian pizza last week while in St. John...delicious! We ordered it takeout to eat while watching the Superbowl back at our condo and enjoyed every delicious bite! Highly recommend to check this place out while you are in St John!

1  Thank beachlover575
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This place was awful. I have never written a bad review of any restaurant but I want to save others from picking this place. To start wine by the glass started at $12. I ordered the octopus salad and received a 1/4 cup of arugula and thinly sliced octopus for $19. I asked for some bread and the waitress looked at me like I asked to borrow her car for the week. She said she'd "add" to my order. My husband ordered the fish and received a single piece of fish. He asked to add some vegetables as he has a gluten allergy. The waitress said no, with a level of finality that meant that he could not get any vegetable of any kind, ever. We left hungry and aggravated. I don't mind paying for a great meal but I felt like I paid a lot for very little food and only ok quality.

1  Thank susypoff
LivioLeoni, Owner at da Livio, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Good morning thanks for leave a review about my restaurant that will help me to improve food and service,thanks a lot, feel free to give me more suggestions.
Ciao

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We have been to Da Livio approx 5 times over the last few years. The food is northern Italian and pretty good portions. You can sit outside on the front porch and people watch while you dine or sit inside. The a/c is not the best but bearable. The pizza is cooked in an imported brick oven from Italy and it is a great pie! They do a large pizza business. One downside is the owner/chef will not substitute items on his dishes. He believes his italian dishes should be eaten as he puts them together. It's worth the experience.

Ciao, thanks for your review and your support, see you soon, ciao.