“excellent first SCUBA experience for my 17 year old son”

Cruz Bay Watersports
Ranked #2 of 42 Tours in Cruz Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Celebrating 29 years in business, Cruz Bay Watersports has evolved into the most diversified watersports Company in the Virgin Islands. Scuba and snorkel trips offered daily as well as BVI trips to the Baths, Caves, Foxy's, and the Soggy Dollar Bar. With two retail locations, Cruz Bay and the Westin Resort, CBW is your best source for "All Things Watersports."
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 16 March 2012

My son used Cruz Bay to complete his pool and open water instruction for PADI open water dertification. His instructor Matthew Tison was enthusiastic, thorough, and very professional. I'm sure Mac has a great start on a lifetime of underwater adventures. I feel so lucky to have been given the chance to accompany instructor and student on their final check dive! This was a lifetime memory, in a beautiful place, facilitated by a fun an professional operation and Divemaster. I'd recommend Cruz Bay and Mr. Tison without reservation.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

We took a snorkel cruise on the Island Spirit departing from our hotel The Westin on St. John, Virgin Islands. The ride was as smooth as can be. Relaxing music, Raggae on the way out, a little country Raggae mix on the way back was nice, as well as drinks for the kids and adults. We snorkeled near a private island, saw great coral, a sea turtle and a stingray. Staff was nice, helpful and kept a good eye on everyone. They took photos of us going down the slide to get in the water, snorkeling, and later the kids doing jumps off the side of the boat. Then they uploaded them to Shutterfly so we could order them when we got home. Nice complimentary touch. All around enjoyable trip! Would definitely do it again. Wish I were there right now actually!

Reviewed 14 March 2012

We've been to St Thomas/St John a dozen times and have gone on almost every boat daytrip available - some are better than others. Our day with Cruz Bay Watersports was fantastic! The captain and crew were great fun, the boat was beautiful and well maintained and the whole day was relaxing and fun. We weren't rushed from place to place, we had plenty of time to enjoy each stop and just hanging out on the boat. We HIGHLY recommend this trip!

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Great company to work with with excellent staff, location, and diving opportunities. I have been diving for 19 years and thouroughly enjoyed the experience Cruz Bay provides for the St. John area. Divemaster Cody did an excellent job picking locations for us even though the weather was troublesome at times. Dives were only about 15 minutes from the boat slip and were very enjoyable with plenty of coral, fish, and other marine life. Most of the dives were relatively shallow offering a comfortable experience for newcomers to the sport and plenty of bottom time. My wife did their discover scuba program and was very pleased with the experience thanks to Cody's helping hand. Boat captains Mike and Charlie were also a pleasure to be around and very accomodating. I would highly recommend this company to divers in the virgin islands and look forward to diving with them again soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Captain Mike and dive master Jared were friendly, knowlegable, and great to have as a first time certified diver.

They made my wife feel very comfortable as a first time snorkler who is just learning how to swim as well.

Jared made sure I didn't commit any first timer mistakes, continued to check on me throughout the dive, and pointed out the marine life during the entire dive.

Already booking a 2nd dive with them for later in the week.