“They forgot to put my mask and snorkel in the bag!!”

Cruz Bay Watersports
Ranked #2 of 42 Tours in Cruz Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Celebrating 29 years in business, Cruz Bay Watersports has evolved into the most diversified watersports Company in the Virgin Islands. Scuba and snorkel trips offered daily as well as BVI trips to the Baths, Caves, Foxy's, and the Soggy Dollar Bar. With two retail locations, Cruz Bay and the Westin Resort, CBW is your best source for "All Things Watersports."
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“They forgot to put my mask and snorkel in the bag!!”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I rented snorkel gear at the Westin Resort thru Cruz Bay Watersports and we took a taxi to Trunk Bay. When we arrived and took out the gear we discovered they forgot to put my mask and snorkel in the bag. I called them and they said they would pay the taxi fare to come to Cruz Bay where they would give me the set. When I returned the gear at the Westin store, they called the Cruz Bay store and they didn't tell the Westin store people what they said they would do - pay for my taxi fare which was $18.00. They just credited me for the rental which was $10.00. Their equipment is not very good either - better in Cruz Bay at Low Key near the Beach Bar. I would not recommend Cruz Bay Watersports for renting equipment.
They also have dingys they rent, but they only allow you to go as far as Trunk Bay with the small dingy. The larger ones you can go as far as Waterlemon Cay but costs $325.00 for the day. We rented a small dingy at Noah's Little Ark in Cruz Bay and was able to go to Waterlemon Cay. Hope this helps others looking to rent equipment and dingys.

5 Thank trytogetawayoften

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Blast”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Took the Jost tour .....foxy's was closed, but we had more time at white bay... Awesome....the boat crew are great! Rich, Francis, Matt, Cassie... My only wish is u could do the tour more than just Tue & thurs. So I could go more than once while I'm in st.John.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great 2 days of diving”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was lucky to spend a week in St. John at the start of October and got to do 2 two tank dives. Kelsey and Richard took us one day, and Kelsey, Richard, and Tom the next. It was very nice to just walk to the boat from my room and get on. The dives were great and the staff were great each time. I got to see some pretty cool stuff and can't wait to go back- sometime soon hopefully.

Denver, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Virgin Gorda Trip”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The trip to the Baths on Virgin Gorda with a stop at the Caves at Norman Island is excellent. The locations are stunning, the ride smooth and the crew extremely friendly. I would recommend this trip from the Westin St. John boat dock without hesitation.

1 Thank Carl D
Cherry Hill, New Jersey, United States
“The Best Crew of the Carribean”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My mother and I needed a girls getaway and had the time of our lives, thanks to Cruz Bay Water Sports! The snorkel gear that we rented was practically brand new, perfect for swimming with the underwater wild life. I suggest driving to Maho beach for the best snorkeling that I experienced in St. John. The highlight of our trip however, was the sunset sail. The crew was overly accommodating and super friendly. There is an open bar, good music and the sunset of course, making for a relaxing evening. I would recommend using this company for all water sports. Friendly, helpful, well mannered people!! Thanks Cruz Bay Water Sports staff for helping to make St. John a trip of a life time!