“Catamaran - Day Charter on Flygirl - AWESOME”
Review of Fly Girl

Fly Girl
Ranked #31 of 42 Tours in Cruz Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Fly Girl is a wide, comfortable catamaran specializing in snorkeling tours and excursions to the British Virgin Islands. We never take more than six guests so everyone gets personal attention and room to spread out and get comfortable. Captain Han has a masters in ecology. He incorporates his passion for sailing and love of nature into all his tours. His guests come back year after year for this unique sailing adventure. Call Han toll free.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 1 July 2013

On our recent trip to St Thomas / St John, we chartered the Flygirl Catamaran (their larger catamaran) on 7/22/13. We are a family of four with kids aged 12 and 13. Our crew for the Flygirl was Justin and Brandon. They did a great job sailing us all around St. John. They found 3 different great locations for excellent snorkeling, all of which were in calmer areas out of major currents. They were very informed about the area as well. Included in the 6-hour charter were drinks for the day (both kid and adult friendly beverages) as well as lunch and snacks. Justin and Brandon were great and very friendly - really made for a great sailing day.
This was actually our second time booking with this company - and we hope to book a third time on our next trip. 5 STARS !

1  Thank AlpharettaTraveler10

Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

Our family (6 adults) chartered the Fly Girl for snorkelling and a sail to Jost Van Dyke. Justin and Liz were our crew and were the best! Our stop for snorkelling was Honeymoon Bay, which was our first time at the beach after multiple trips to St. John. We were there early so it was not crowded at all. Snorkelling there was a pleasant surprise......turtles, nurse shark, sting rays, assorted fish in the coral on the right side of the beach (when facing the beach). We then set sail for JVD and while the wind and waves were a little more significant than usual the trip was great! A stop at Foxy's and then around to the Soggy Dollar Bar. Order lunch and relax in the chairs on the beach as you look back at St. John......fish and chips, conch fritters, St. John Root Beer are my suggestions. Justin and Liz guided us back to St. John to wrap up a fantastic day of sailing!

Reviewed 5 April 2013

My parents and I enjoyed a beautiful day sail on Fly Girl this week with Dave & Lindsay. Fly Girl was the last of four boating excursions for me and I was a little (actually a lot) nervous about its smaller size - this is NOT a fancy catamaran with indoor space, bathroom, kitchen, etc. - ie with the bells and whistles - but rather an oversized Hobie Cat with a cooler on board for drinks and lunch. I was worried about my parents comfort and how lunch would be served etc. I was pleasantly surprised at what a nice day we had. Dave and Lindsay were great hosts and after some really nice snorkle spots (best by far of my four trips) the simple "make your own" sandwich assembly with chips and cookies hit the spot perfectly. I did find the price a little high in comparison to the other trips I took (which offered more in terms of space, drinks & catering for about the same cost) but if you enjoy boating and being on the water all day, and are ok with minimal frills, you will love your day on Fly Girl. Make sure you stick with Lindsay while snorkleing as she has a Marine Biology degree and points out lots of cool stuff along the way. One note: be sure to wear strong sunscreen and reapply often. Such close proximity to the water all day means a lot of sun is reflected back on you even under the canopy. All of us got a little sunburned so just be prepared.

2  Thank BWilson73
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Had a GREAT day sailing, snorkeling, and swimming. 4 Adults and 2 kids (3yo & 8yo). All first time on a sail boat. We enjoyed 2 different snorkle spots, Chirstmas Cove, our own private beach. Great family trip. Booked the trip directly, left the Disney Cruise in St Thomas, taxi's were waiting the price is set at $10 a person by some island commission which I think is a little steep. Our ride took us to the Red Hook Ferry, the ladies tried to visit the bathroom in the ferry terminal but they were disgusting and unusable. But once we go to St John the water was beautiful and the Fly Girl was waiting.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

The sail to Jost was beautiful. We were lucky enough to have a gorgeous day as well. Justin and Lindsay were a great team. They both were very conscientious and made our sail the best. They also were very informative concerning the islands. We enjoyed Jost- is an incredible beach. I might suggest bringing your own lunch as we were not thrilled with lunch @ Gertrude's. That being said it was a perfect day! We liked that it is a smaller boat- vs large crowd of people on the bigger boats.