The villas are a long way from the pool/beach but they offer lots of space and room for a family to stretch out. They are heavily travelled and the rooms show wear in walls and carpets and cupboards. They have a full kitchen and access to a grill (villa 31xx, 32xx) as well as a small private pool.
Families that like the beach and pool area may opt for the hotel style rooms which are even more dated and wore down. We stayed one night in one.
The food is extremely expensive but of fair quality. The drinks also are quite pricey but so is all of St. John.
The ferry service is very expensive but if traveling with a family, very worth it. I didn't see our luggage from the airport until we landed in our room. A very appreciated luxury for a father of two with a wife who packs VERY irrationally.
DO NOT take the villa purchase bribe. It is over two hours of high pressure sales tactics for a chance to get your cash! The biggest low point for me, these villas should sell themselves, not be sold. Total used car salesmen tactics with multiple offers etc.
overall a very nice hotel, very nice location, very high prices food which is typical of the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 1,200 feet of private beach, The Westin St. John Resort makes for the perfect island retreat. Stay in spacious rooms with ocean views from private balconies or patios. Guests can enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi available in all rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and TravelUp so you can book your The Westin St. John Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin St. John Resort & Villas Hotel Cruz Bay
- Westin St. John Resort And Villas
- Westin Cruz Bay
- Cruz Bay Westin
- St John Westin
- The Westin St. John Resort Cruz Bay