We stayed here for two nights during our stop in St. John. We really loved the hotel and the staff.
Ten Things We Loved About St. John Inn:
1. Price: It's well below the market in St. John.
2. Service: The two ladies who run the hotel operations are extremely friendly. During our stay we asked some questions about the beaches, they were eager to tell us which one was perfect for our tastes, and exactly how to get there. Also during our stay I left my credit card at a restaurant, the offered to call and locate it for me. Very helpful, and we were already checking out at this point.
3. Boutique hotel character: Each room has its own personality. The decor reminds me of the 1900's hotels in South Beach Florida, but with more Caribbean flare.
4. Close to the best restaurants: You can walk to Cruz Bay within 5 minutes. This gives you access to the best bars, markets, and places to eat. We loved Spyglass for a great happy hour and sunset dinner. Woody's is the best late night haunt.
5. Close to all the shops and the ferry. It really helped us limit our cab costs.
6. Loaner Beach Chairs and Coolers. A lot of the best beaches do not have vendors, so its great to be able to pack your own drinks and snacks.
7. A communal approach to business. They have a take some leave some basket with everything from shaving gel, to sunscreen. These are expensive on St. John, and the hotel has resisted the urge gouge tourists like most places do.
8. The honor bar: The hotel has a fridge with sodas, beers, and water. The prices range from $1-2. A steal in St. John. It was great to grab some on the way to the beach, and the total was just added to our bill.
9. The sunset happy hour. We enjoy some free rum punch prior to dinner. It is a great opportunity to meet the staff and other guests. The staff uses this as an opportunity to answer any questions and share stories about the interesting history of the hotel.
10. Alice the Cat. He is the cutest cat that hangs out at the hotel. We talked to his mom and dad and they named him when they thought he was a girl. Now he is named after the infamous Alice Cooper. Just fun, you cannot get at a chain hotel.
Things to know:
1. Google Maps has this in the wrong place. Ask the hotel for directions to get there from the ferry.
2. There is a binder in the hotel room with great info. Be sure to flip through it.
3. The people in St. John are great, do not be intimidated, just be polite, and they are more than willing to help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St. John Inn is an affordable, small hotel. It is conveniently located in Cruz Bay in a charming historic building. We are close to shopping, restaurants and all St. John has to offer. We offer modest, budget accommodations with spectacular views of the sunset!Our rooms range from single rooms to two room suites, some with kitchenettes. We also offer 2 - 2 bedroom Villas. All rooms have a/c, private bath, refrigerators, microwaves, and coffee machines. We offer Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi) and provide beach towels, beach chairs, coolers and snorkel equipment at no additional charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your St. John Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. John Hotel Cruz Bay
- St. John Inn Cruz Bay