All reviews rum punch happy hour beach chairs st john alice cooper caribbean colors snorkel gear small pool bright colors expensive island other travelers ferry dock an easy walk convenient location in town five minute walk boutique hotel
Reviewed 30 July 2018

This place is a gem, close to everything clean and neat. But that is not it's best feature. Aside from being authentic Caribbean in style and substance, it's unique layout and attention to detail surpassed even the high end chains; flowers on the towels, fans on tall ceilings, clean everywhere, rum punch at 4:30 in the open cafe area and then continental breakfast, coffee, juice, breads, bagels, waffles and all the fixings in easy help yourself style. Great people, happy other guest for same reasons made this the best stay in St. John's. Oh, they had great connections to the best restaurant around, Morgan's Mango, got us a great table and good food.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqueline S
Dave W, General Manager at St. John Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

we are so delighted you enjoyed your stay and we enjoyed having you. We look for next visit with us!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Once we found the Inn, which is located off a side road close to town, it was perfect! Not sure how many rooms, looked like 6? King beds, tv CAN and AC! The 04904838 had refreshments and say outside with all the guests! We will definately be coming back! We felt it was ours in our heart! Also a very nice breakfast in the morning. Rooms were amazing! We traveled back in 2016, hope everything is up and running. I'm out hearts and dreams!

Stayed: October 2017
2  Thank sjn202
Donna R, Manager at St. John Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

We love that you felt the Inn was yours in your heart! We consider our guests our family and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

After writing my review yesterday of our stay last Tuesday night June 19th 2018, I was contacted by the owner who was very pleasant to talk with in regards my review. I was very impressed with his attitude of what can we do to better serve our guest. I told him that my only issues were , no elevator and sharing of the restroom with other rooms, and was caught by surprise to find that out once we arrived at the Inn. He did point out that both issues I had pointed out were under the web site that i booked through. He also offered to refund our money and asked us to come by and see him next time we were in town. I declined the refund, but will gladly stop by and shake the mans hand for his kindness and generosity. I told him since I was the one at fault for not reading the full disclosure I did not deserve the refund. I also told him that my post were or should have been pointed to 1. people who would have trouble with stairs, and 2. persons who do like the idea of sharing restrooms with other guest. It is a charming place, 120 years old, great history and i would suggest asking for a room on the first floor and a in room restroom facilities, if those are issues with you . Once again, my hats off to the owner and the kindness he shared with me. Class act!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank wysejos
Donna R, Manager at St. John Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Thank you for the nice words. However,there are no shared bathrooms! All of our rooms have their own private bathroom!! .Yes, our owner is a class act and really cares about our guests. We consider all of our guests family.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I was here for a business/vacation and had worried how the island was grappling with back to back cat. 5 hurricanes in September if 2017.

I was delighted that this little hotel had weathered so well,even to the point of still having free rum punch and music from 5:30 til 8! The building was repaired very well and new paint and beds abound.

As well as a new manager, Donna. All was delightful- even reservations for excursions and dinner. The beds were the best I’ve ever had and I felt welcomed
And it was CLEAN!

The island phone system was on and off so emails directly to the inn was the best way u can’t get thru. Arriving I had the best internet on the island—- and it was quiet and safe—five minute walk to Cruz bay and the ferry

Enjoy!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Great little place within walking distance of restaurants and shopping in Cruz Bay. Stayed there for the Power Swim. Grocery right up the hill. Clean and folks are very friendly. Lots of kitty’s. Will stay there again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Dave W, Owner at St. John Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words and for visiting us! All of our guests are like family and we would not be where we were today without you! We will be here when you return.

Best wishes,