We had the pleasure of staying at CCV for a few nights of our week long stay on St John. We stayed at Concordia Eco-resort the other nights. Everything was so wonderful at CCV. The condo had an awesome deck facing the ocean, and the sounds of the waves was magical. Our 2 and 3 year olds LOVED the rocky beach (we found lots of animals in the rocks, including 2 octopi). No it is not a sandy shore, but our kids still loved it in the morning before we went to the sandy beaches. We rented a car during our stay. After I booked our trip, we heard some rumors about it not being such a safe location and to watch our belongings and watch out for personal safety. Then I practically had an anxiety attack about taking a 2 and 3 yr old there on vacation....rest assured, I never felt an OUNCE of apprehension or even bad vibe from anyone and I thought CCV felt very safe (we were on the ground floor, too). The managers were beyond lovely and accommodating. They were even kind enough to pick us up at the ferry bc our rental car wasn't available until the next day. I wish we would have just stayed here our entire stay (and skipped the militant yogis at Concordia).
As far as the other reviews for this wonderful place, I read some things about their decor being dated and the television being difficult to turn on. Honestly, if you go to St. John, are you really going to watch tv and look at pictures/wallpaper on the walls? Come on! We had a lovely unit and it was very clean and comfy. In fact, we are saving now with hopes to return in December, and we definitely want to stay at CCV again.
I think one tiny thing I might recommend, but this would be for both places we stayed at would possibly investigate getting some mosquito bed curtains-like the ones that hang from the ceiling, over your bed, to make a tent. I think it's a given that anywhere on the island is going to have a few Mosquitos and our preschoolers definitely left our room door/patio door open more times than normal, but I think the tents might be a good idea for any place on the island. Just my two cents- I still give this place a 5 star rating, it was wonderful and the managers were just so kind and absolutely outstanding :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small oceanfront inn in a quiet family neighborhood with nine studio, two or three bedroom units. All with full kitchens, wide shady porches and en-suite baths. Easy walking distance to town. Parking, pool hot tub and ocean front grill. Free guest laundry and wireless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Kognitiv US Corp so you can book your Coconut Coast Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Coast Villas Hotel Cruz Bay
- Coconut Coast Villas St. John/Cruz Bay