“Can't go wrong with Coconut Coast”

Coconut Coast Villas
GreenLeadersGold level
Taos, New Mexico
“Can't go wrong with Coconut Coast”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We had a family vacation at Coconut Coast in St. John's. Coconut Coast was the perfect location-it is close to town and to the north side beaches. David and Julie were full of fantastic advise about where to go and what to expect- which really helps when you are spending a short time at a new island. The rooms were clean, quiet and the place very friendly. We recommend it very highly!

Room Tip: Honestly, I think you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dave T, Manager at Coconut Coast Villas, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Coconut Coast Villas for your special vacation with the whole family! It was great seeing you guys greet each other after such a long time apart! You guys are an awesome family and deserved a getaway together. We hope you will return soon and thanks for taking time to write a review for us. It really means a lot to get the positive feedback!
See you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Horton, Kansas
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Coconut coast villas is truely a great place for the value. You will find every thing you could need in the Villas.The pool and hot tub area with the B.B.Q.are very nice as well as the short walk to the water.From the vllia it is short walk to town which has something for everybody. The jewel of the stay was Julie and Dave that own the Villas.They are some of the nicest people you will meet.Ready to help you out with anything you may want or need.

Room Tip: I dont think ther is a bad one.
1 Thank waylos
Dave T, Manager at Coconut Coast Villas, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to write about your stay here with us! It was great having you and we are so glad you chose us over anyone else on St. John. We know vacations are special and are doing everything we can to make each and every one special for our guests! Don't wait until April 2015 to return! See you soon!
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Wake up and fall asleep to the waves crashing outside of your window. This place is close to town. Just a quick wall and settle in a beautiful cove. The rental managers are there to help, from bringing you and your party to and from the ferry to helping you set up a snorkeling adventure or day at the spa. Would recommend this reasonable place to everyone and will be planning a trip back!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank KellerJo
Dave T, Manager at Coconut Coast Villas, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thanks for choosing Coconut Coast Villas and taking the time to write a review. We agree with you! It is great to hear the waves crashing against the shore as you drift and and out of slumber. Not only will we book a day at the spa, or snorkel trip aboard a local boat, we will even shop for your groceries and have them in your room when you arrive! Dinner reservations? No problem we have all the local restaurants on our speed dial and are happy to make the call and get you your favorite table. It was great to have you here and hope we see you again soon! Stay in touch!
florida
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I travel 2x a year to StJ on business. This was my first stay at CCV & I will stay again. Julie answered all my pre-booking questions over the telephone - mostly concerning neighborhood safety - as I'm a woman & travel solo. I felt totally comfortable at CCV. I rent a car at STT & come on the car barge. CCV has ample private parking - not always the case in STJ. I stayed in 2Br 2Ba Bird of Paradise. Dave met me as I drove in, gave me a warm welcome & tour. Never turned the AC on in the BR - wonderful cross ventilation - good design - fantastic sleeping at night with a great breeze. Spotlessly clean. Double view a bonus. The Audubon Pond on the back = wonderful birdlife especially early in the morning from the Porch. Covered deck on the sea side. The car ferries are relatively quiet & stop about 7pm so very peaceful sitting or dining on the seaside deck. MUCH quieter at CCV than my previous stays in Cruz Bay. I would recommend a car for convenience but it is easy enough walk (during daylight hours) around the Audubon Pond into Cruz Bay. Great having the pool for a refreshing dip after being at the beach. Beach chairs, noodles, coolers & snorkeling gear are available. After 3:30 when the delightful housekeeper leaves (if you want housekeeping during your stay, available for a nominal fee) you can use the washer complimentary and the dryer for a dollar. Fresh beach towels always available. It's all very comfortable & residential neighborhood feel, rather than transient/hotel/condo living like my previous stays at other properties. Dave posts a sign with all the activities for the day and the following day = nice. He & Julie are hospitable & seem happy in their roll (he's always working about on a project) - as many times as I've been to STJ he sent me to several good local restaurants I'd never heard of! CCV is not "brand new" & "designer decorated" - the only reason I didn't give it a 5 star - but it is a super "beach house" type of place. All of the guests were considerate of open space & not creating "noise pollution". The only drawback - and you have this anywhere - is if you had obnoxious guests who were loud on their patios at night it would be annoying. If so, I think a word with Dave would be passed on to the guests and that would solve the issue. Exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Cetow
Dave T, Manager at Coconut Coast Villas, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
We can not wait to see you here again. Thanks for pointing out our strong points to potential future guests. We are very lucky to b so close to town and yet still have such a quiet place. We have been pretty fortunate with guests not making much noise, with it being a small cozy resort everyone respects their neighbors very well. Thanks again for the review and come back soon!
Clarkston, Michigan
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband and I spent March 28th to April 3rd at Coconut Coast Villas in the Lily Suite and we very happy with everything. I spent a lot time researching places to stay on St. John and Coconut Coast offered us an affordable (for St. John!) condo with easy walk to Cruz Bay. Their website describes Coconut Coast Villas as a “beach house comfortable boutique hotel offering studios, two, and three bedroom vacation condos" and "Our business philosophy is to offer clean, comfortable, convenient oceanfront vacation accommodations at a fair price." That is absolutely true. It was a joy to listen to the sound of the waves at night and to see the birds, iguanas, peacocks and chicken walking around this residential neighborhood. Julie and Dave were wonderful hosts who guided us to the best places to snorkel. I loved the turtles in Maho Bay! They recommended and booked a fabulous sunset snorkel and catamaran cruise for us. Beach chairs, beach towels, and snorkeling equipment were available free of charge. Julie and Dave have lots of wonderful plans to update the condos in the future. I would not hesitate to stay there again. It was more like visiting family than renting a condo.

1 Thank Nancy R
Dave T, Manager at Coconut Coast Villas, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you so much for the awesome review! Julie and I are really lucky to have guests like you who appreciate us and the work we are doing here at Coconut Coast Villas. I think you were visiting family. We can't wait to have you over again to see how your year went. See you soon!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We just returned from a week at Coconut Coast and were very pleased. We have an eight-year-old who loved the pool and hot tub, as well as the iguanas, peacocks, chickens, cat, and other critters hanging around the salt pond. Julie and Dave were great hosts and provided lots of useful advice about beaches and restaurants. The setting is perfect--just far enough away from town to be peaceful while still being an easy walk. This is a great place to come to after a day of exploring the island.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dave T, Manager at Coconut Coast Villas, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Hi Maya, Thank you for a great review! It was very nice having you guys here and hope to see you again next year! We are glad that Julia started feeling better and was able to get out and do some snorkeling and enjoy the beaches! Have a great summer and see you guys again soon!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Coconut Coast Villas in mid-March. As I was researching places to stay on St. John, I found that I was having trouble finding an affordable place to stay that was in a location that would be easy to get to town. Coconut Coast Villas had excellent reviews and our stay lived up to those reviews. Our room was great and we loved having a full kitchen. The view was amazing. All of the rooms have patios that look out to the ocean and we used our patio when eating breakfast every morning and for drinks at night before dinner. The location was unbeatable. It is about a 10 minute walk to town so it was very quiet all the time, but so easy to walk into town. We only had a jeep for a couple days when we went to Waterlemon Cay and down to Salt Pond Bay (both are a must) and the other days we walked to town and got a taxi from there to the northern shore beaches. Dave and Julie provided beach towels, chairs, snorkel gear as well as info on what was happening on the island each day. They were excellent hosts and would help you with anything that you needed. We were so pleased with our stay and will definitely stay there again !

1 Thank JennyCO205
Hi Jenny! Thank you for the great review and for pointing our a lot of our amenities for future guests to read. It is the best location in town! Close enough to walk to the action of Cruz Bay but far enough away you don't hear it when you are ready to unwind by the ocean. It was so nice having you guys here with us. Please keep in touch and send pictures when the new edition arrives!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cruz Bay
#3 of 4 in Cruz Bay
Caneel Bay Resort
Caneel Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Caneel Bay

Been to Coconut Coast Villas? Share your experiences!