“The Lavender Gem!”

Lavender Hill Suites
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Lavender Hill is very well appointed. Gorgeous views. I stayed in 8E and couldn't have been happier! Clean! Comfortable king size bed. Bathroom is small but again clean, beautiful stone floor in shower. Grills at pool very nice for a quiet evening in. Enjoyed breakfast on balcony each morning that just set the mood! Location is great too. Everything in Cruz Bay is walkable and yet Lavender Hill still maintained peaceful cozy feel. The Beach Bar music is audible at night but not annoyingly so. We did rent a jeep for a exploring the beaches and trails. A jeep is a must. I will be a repeat customer!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Misty A
There are newer reviews for Lavender Hill Suites

Reviewed 8 March 2013

My husband and I recently spent 10 days in St. John and I was soooo happy that my husband chose to stay at Lavender Hills. His partner and his wife had been going there every year for 10 years and he said it was the best place on the island. I agree! 84-85 degrees every day. That suite (8E) has a porch that winds around on two sides, has a big table/chairs where we ate every breakfast, cooked in the lovely kitchen (with dishwasher) and the bed in the bedroom was very comfortable and we had no trouble sleeping. I loved the sound of the rooster that woke us up when morning came. We watched the Oscars night in the living room on the large TV as we ordered in pizza. We loved Zo Zo's restaurant and the sunsets from our favorite restaurant (right across the street). And in town we enjoyed our last evening at The Terrace, which is under new ownership and I had a terrific Mahi Mahi dinner there that I wrote down so I can copy it at home. There's even a laundry on the first floor. We loved going to the beaches and enjoying the special beauty of Trunk Bay (on list of 10 best in the world). There are no pebbles, shells, or anything in the sand or water there.....just softness and relaxation. But there were a few days when we just couldn't leave our porch, as 8E and the others look out on the bay with the boats docked and the absolutely beautiful blue and turquiose water. It was breathtaking! We each finished the books we brought and I'd love to be back there right now on that porch. I've looked at the Caneel Bay and the Weston Hotel sites and notice that they need updating and have several complaints from guests. Well, we don't have complaints. If you want a good place where there's no pressure, just peaceful and slow, go stay at Lavender Hills.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Audie2211
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Wife and I stayed in 1W for 6 nights. Returned after three years, and Charlie still has the place nicely maintained. For a part of 2, 1W is quite roomy, with a large deck. Even from the lowest tier on the property, the view of Cruz Bay is great. Kitchen has nice features, and ample supplies. Coolers and beach chair/backpacks are very useful on day trips. Little pool is lovely, with useful shower and free laundry and parking. Outdoor gas barbecues are helpful too. A shop next door can get you (pricy) sundries, and best restaurant in town (Zozo's) is next door at Gallows Point.

A comfortable spot, in a beautiful and charming milieu.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank scsilveira
Reviewed 7 February 2013

My family of 3 stayed at Lavender Hill for 5 nights in early January 2013, our second stay at this property. We were in one of the 2 bedroom condos. Overall, great experience! Charlie, Bruce, Brian, Gary and everyone are very friendly and helpful. The location is great--5 minute walk from the ferry terminal, shops, restaurants.The pool is somewhat small, but it has a great setting, very clean, and with all the spectacular beaches on the island we didn't spend much time pool-side. Our condo was very comfortable--not super high-end hotel type of accomodations, more similar to what you find when you rent a nice house or condo at one of the mainland east coast beaches. Our unit had apparently just been updated/redone, and it was a nice place to hang out when we weren't out at the beach or in town or having a burger at Skinny Legs! Parking was not a problem, free washing machines and dryers (which is a nice touch since it enable you to bring even fewer pieces of clothing and fit everything in a carry on!), beautiful and well maintained landacaping, and the view of Cruz Bay Harbor from our (large and long) balconies was GREAT--it helped that our unit was on the top floor. Overall, a very nice place with a great location at a good (but not bargain) price.

Room Tip: COndos on higher floors have better views of Cruz Bay and the ocean.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gary S
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I have just returned from my first trip to Cruz Bay and stayed at Lavender Hill. The view from my unit (5W) was to die for. The unit is one of the first at the entrance of the small charming 12 unit complex and is a second floor unit with a walk up entrance (no stairs, very convenient). The decor is very nice and all amenaties and cooking utensils are included. There are two baconies and a wonderful breeze that allows you to keep the sliding doors open (they have screens) and enjoy the sounds of the ocean and still remain cool and comortable.The complex has a pool in the center and a free laundry room with free detergent for guest to utilise. No need to have a car you are in short walking dstance to many bars, shops and restaurants and the beach. You can explore a variety of the beautiful beaches of St. John with a short taxi ride. The management of Lavender Hill was very responsive and accomadated all of our requests. I would highly reccomend this unit!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank HopeGary
Reviewed 15 December 2012

We just returned from a week's stay in St. John at Lavendar Hill Suites. This is our 4th visit and we brought our children with us this time - who had a great time and really loved the condo. We always stay at Lavender Hill Suites. The view from our balcony of Cruz Bay is spectacular. We love the convenience to town and the great accomodations. The magic of this island is all of the different beautiful beaches during the day and the fun of hanging out in town in the evening. Lavendar Hill is just a 3 minute walk to town. The units provide everything you need for the beach including chairs, towels and coolers. We will be back soon!

Room Tip: All of the condos have a great view of Cruz Bay. Pick the unit that best fits the size of your grou...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sara H
Reviewed 10 August 2012

July 28th - August 6th was my family's 8th vacation to St. John and we chose Lavender Hill for two reasons: price and location. We wanted to stay in Cruz Bay so we could walk into town because finding a parking spot is always a headache.

We stayed in unit 5W and found it to be very clean and well-maintained. There were a few nits; one of the burners on the stove didn't work and one of the chairs on the patio was broken but I wouldn't exactly call either of those showstoppers. The kitchen is decently equipped ( I could have used a colander and a cheese grater but again, not showstoppers).

The staff is friendly and responsive. Overall the buildings, landscaping, and pool are in great shape and a pool is a must for us because our son is apparently half fish because even after a full day on the beach he wanted to swim every afternoon.

I loved the view into Cruz Bay harbor - I loved sitting on the patio watching the ferrys and the charter boats come and go. We walked into town many times for lunch, dinner, or browsing the shops.

In short we got exactly what we wanted and would stay at Lavender Hill again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
#3 of 4 in Cruz Bay
Grande Bay Resort
Grande Bay Resort
#2 of 17 in Cruz Bay

Been to Lavender Hill Suites? Share your experiences!