“Loved Lavender Hill!”

Lavender Hill Suites
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We had never been to St.John before, and I had no idea where to start.. to stay.. to go.. I wasn't sure if I should stay in Coral bay or Cruz bay. After thinking about my needs, we decided on Cruz bay. After getting to Cruz bay, I could have called Charlie to pick us up, but thought we would walk instead. Not knowing the way we asked a cab and they were going to charge us 10 dollars! I said no way, I will ask someone. It was right up the hill. It is a 5 minute walk but up a hill, the hill is not bad and I am almost 6 months pregnant!
We stayed in 4w. It is a one bedroom, with an amazing view! Brian originally told me some of the appliances were out of date in this particular 1 bedroom. But everything worked and was perfect for us. They left us backpacks, tennis balls, towels, beach chairs, movies.
The best part was it was close to town so you don't have to worry about driving. We walked into town every night.
Brian and Charlie were very helpful.
We had an amazing time and will definitely stay at Lavender Hills again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LINDSAY P

Reviewed 23 April 2013

We recently returned from a wonderful trip to St. John. I have nothing but great things to write about Lavender Hills! We arrived at the island and were picked up by Charlie at the ferry dock. The accommodations were wonderful. From the view(s) on the deck(s) to the very functional kitchen, we were very happy. The suites are a 5 minutes walk from the ferry dock/town. We decided to cook our meals at the suites. As such, we took full advantage of the kitchen and the BBQ's located near the pool. The accommodations come equipped with coolers and beach chairs. Every day we packed a lunch in the coolers and headed off to the beach. When we returned from our day, the great time continued with drinks on the deck watching the sun set! The staff associated with Lavender Hill Suites did a wonderful job of making sure we were well taken care of. Make sure you email and let them know what you need.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim f
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We just returned from staying at lavender hill and it was fabulous. Far exceeded expectations. Wonderful property, we stayed in unit 7E and it had a fantastic view. The accommodations were wonderful. Spacious. comfortable. a great big deck with a view of the water and the pool. we loved the furnishings and the decor, as well as the well equipped kitchen. Wed return for sure.

Room Tip: definitely select one of the units over the pool as we did! with the big deck...unit 7e
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dougbnnt
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Waking up to our last full day in Cruz Bay and sitting on the balcony of this wonderful suite, I thought I'd write this review before we get back to the real world and things get too busy again. We have had such a great time living in 9E this past week. We love the space, being so close to town, the lovely pool, and the balcony. Having the wrap around balcony means that you can always find just the right place to sit to catch the breeze and be in or out of the sun. There's plenty of seating out here and I never tire of watching the harbor. The wifi here is excellent, the apartment has everything we need except binoculars, and Charlie is just a phone call away if something doesn't work ( he came right up last night when we couldn't get the DVD to work right). We love having the Gallows Point resort shop so handy for snacks, wine, breakfast treats. If you are considering either Gallows Point or Lavender Hill, you should know that the 5 min walk to town does involve a hill; wouldn't bother most people but a consideration for some. We wanted more space to spread out and we wanted a quick walk into town so we chose Lavender Hill and I'm so glad we did.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary I
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Lavender Hill is very well appointed. Gorgeous views. I stayed in 8E and couldn't have been happier! Clean! Comfortable king size bed. Bathroom is small but again clean, beautiful stone floor in shower. Grills at pool very nice for a quiet evening in. Enjoyed breakfast on balcony each morning that just set the mood! Location is great too. Everything in Cruz Bay is walkable and yet Lavender Hill still maintained peaceful cozy feel. The Beach Bar music is audible at night but not annoyingly so. We did rent a jeep for a exploring the beaches and trails. A jeep is a must. I will be a repeat customer!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Misty A
Reviewed 8 March 2013

My husband and I recently spent 10 days in St. John and I was soooo happy that my husband chose to stay at Lavender Hills. His partner and his wife had been going there every year for 10 years and he said it was the best place on the island. I agree! 84-85 degrees every day. That suite (8E) has a porch that winds around on two sides, has a big table/chairs where we ate every breakfast, cooked in the lovely kitchen (with dishwasher) and the bed in the bedroom was very comfortable and we had no trouble sleeping. I loved the sound of the rooster that woke us up when morning came. We watched the Oscars night in the living room on the large TV as we ordered in pizza. We loved Zo Zo's restaurant and the sunsets from our favorite restaurant (right across the street). And in town we enjoyed our last evening at The Terrace, which is under new ownership and I had a terrific Mahi Mahi dinner there that I wrote down so I can copy it at home. There's even a laundry on the first floor. We loved going to the beaches and enjoying the special beauty of Trunk Bay (on list of 10 best in the world). There are no pebbles, shells, or anything in the sand or water there.....just softness and relaxation. But there were a few days when we just couldn't leave our porch, as 8E and the others look out on the bay with the boats docked and the absolutely beautiful blue and turquiose water. It was breathtaking! We each finished the books we brought and I'd love to be back there right now on that porch. I've looked at the Caneel Bay and the Weston Hotel sites and notice that they need updating and have several complaints from guests. Well, we don't have complaints. If you want a good place where there's no pressure, just peaceful and slow, go stay at Lavender Hills.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Audie2211
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Wife and I stayed in 1W for 6 nights. Returned after three years, and Charlie still has the place nicely maintained. For a part of 2, 1W is quite roomy, with a large deck. Even from the lowest tier on the property, the view of Cruz Bay is great. Kitchen has nice features, and ample supplies. Coolers and beach chair/backpacks are very useful on day trips. Little pool is lovely, with useful shower and free laundry and parking. Outdoor gas barbecues are helpful too. A shop next door can get you (pricy) sundries, and best restaurant in town (Zozo's) is next door at Gallows Point.

A comfortable spot, in a beautiful and charming milieu.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 17 in Cruz Bay
Grande Bay Resort
Grande Bay Resort
#2 of 17 in Cruz Bay

Been to Lavender Hill Suites? Share your experiences!