“Great Inn, great people, great food!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cruz Bay
Inn at Tamarind Court
Ranked #5 of 5 Cruz Bay B&B and Inns
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great Inn, great people, great food!”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I would recommend the Tamarind to anyone who wants to experience the local flavor of St. John! If you are looking to stay in town this would be the place. The rates are very reasonable and everything is within walking distance. The food is also fantastic! We ate breakfast there everyday and dinner twice! The staff at the Tamarind are extremely nice and helpful! Rooms are air conditioned. The bar is also great! We will return to the Tamarind!

Room Tip: Higher floors are not so close to the street noise or the roosters...but I liked waking up to the ro...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Saint Thomas, Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I've stayed at the Inn a few times over the years and love the location. I live on St. Thomas, Virgin Islands and love to stay on St. John! I sometimes stay at Maho or Concordia Campgrounds. Both of these are nice, but far out. When it comes to staying right in the heart of Cruz Bay, the Inn is my choice. Other options nearby are outrageously overpriced, even for locals. My most recent visit was in October 2011, when I won a free overnight stay as part of Trippin' Thursdays on St. Thomas!! We had a great time!! I stayed at the inn before, but had forgotten how cute the rooms are with all the bamboo look and how CLEAN it is!!! We had a delicious breakfast the following morning while sitting in the outside courtyard watching a little TV and chatting with others. It is not fancy, but clean and safe with parking in their own backyard, under the Tamarind tree!!!!!!!

Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
seattle
Reviewed 19 May 2012

The people who work there are unfriendly. As a guest I felt like I was putting them out by being there. I stayed in the shared bathroom room option. You really do get what you pay for. Yikes! It kinda felt like a prison cell with one little window. The T.V. didn't work. Don't stay here, it's not worth it if you're trying to cut corners on cost.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank infof4u

Travellers are raving about these Cruz Bay hotels

Rockport, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I have travelled to St. John for several years and just came to visit family for a few nights and wanted to be close to town. The room was dark and dreary. Very noisy, drunk partiers in the courtyard until 4 am. Had clothing stolen. My adult stayed there and was robbed of $ and cell phone.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Louise0813
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Based on reviews, I decided to try this hotel. We stayed in a suite, 3 & 3A. Overall, the room was clean. The linens were thin, old and stained. The refrigerator was barely cold and the A/C extremely loud and needs to stay on at all times to keep room comfortable. (They ask that you turn it off when you leave room but after a day out, it was hard to get room cool to sleep) Mattresses not the most comfortable but I have slept on worse. The location of this room faces the street and the traffic is loud. There is also an outdoor sitting area off the living room area for all guests. While the other guests in this area were not extremely noisy, their conversations could be heard, making it hard for my kids to go to sleep. The worst part was the roaches. There were two small roaches in the refrigerator when I first opened it. The cups on top of the refrigerator were dirty. Roaches scrambled when anything was picked up off the tv stand and there were roaches in the shower and under the bed.

We stayed in this hotel two nights during the week. We checked in shortly before 4pm and the girl in the office was not too friendly (she was ready to leave). The grounds are horrible and the building dilapidated. You will not find any outside pictures on their website. The morning after our first night, I went to speak with the manager about checking out. No one was in but a staff member told me she would call Stephanie with my complaint of roaches. We left and did not return until about 10pm. No one attempted to reach us about our complaint. The following morning we left. We paid around $260/night for this room and this is no bargain for what we got.

There seem to be good reviews on the restaurant but we did not eat there. I read they had complimentary breakfast but that was not offered to us. There is a coffee shop next door that has good coffee and a good variety of breakfast items. Location is good to restaurants and shops.

If you are on a budget and don't plan on staying in the room, this hotel may be ok. I was very uncomfortable and will not use again. I give the cleanliness 3 stars because the room had been cleaned, was free of dirt on floor and everything tidy.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank CECEAtlanta
Westfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We recently got a great last minute airfare, so we needed a reasonable hotel. I read the trip advisor and decided to call the Inn at Tamarind Court. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Stephanie and Gina both were great in helping with any of our needs. The breakfasts were great, the room was clean, and the location is the best. We will definately return. We got more than we excepted. Best bang for the buck in St John...............and we've been coming to St John since 1983.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marie C
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 2 April 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean though Spartan. It is not a fancy hotel. It was the ONLY reasonably priced hotel ($89/night) I could find on St. John that could give me a reservation at the last minute. The Continental breakfast on the patio was good and you have the option to upgrade it by paying extra for a full breakfast. The dinner on their patio was delicious. I was there on a Friday and the theme was Caribbean. Each night of the week they have a different chef with different style of cuisines. The band stops playing at around 10pm and it got quiet soon thereafter for those desiring quiet to sleep. Each private room shares a bathroom with approximately 6 other renters. The floor molding was tearing off the wall and there were no light bulbs in the lamps in the tiny communal area where the TV was but there was a ceiling light. These things I can overlook. The only reason I might not choose to stay here again is that the bed was among the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
#2 of 4 in Cruz Bay
Estate Lindholm
Estate Lindholm
#1 of 5 in Cruz Bay

Been to Inn at Tamarind Court? Share your experiences!