“Great Location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cruz Bay
Inn at Tamarind Court
Ranked #5 of 5 Cruz Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We would have felt more secure if there was a deadbolt or chain lock to lock the room from the inside. We loved being able to walk to Cruz Bay restaurants and Dolphin Market. Breakfast was nice. They gave us clean beach towels and lent us a cooler to take to the beach. The staff at breakfast was very nice and friendly. Window air units need to be replaced. Next door is an abandoned apartment building - a little scary. The Inn is run down, but it is affordable for St. John and a great location. There aren't many options on St. John. They had cable/satellite tv and wifi. It was better than camping.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vacationplanmom

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Inn at Tamarind is an experience. If you are looking to come to this island and stay in the bubble of the Westin or Caneel, then do not stay here because this is how to really experience St. John and those that live here. This place is as real as it gets. Simple accommodations (you are not in your room except to shower and sleep) and wonderful people! Anything you need is taken care of immediately by Stephanie, Andy, or Anthony. Aside from their attention to your needs, they quickly become friends. My friend and I so enjoyed hanging with them down on the patio talking, eating, drinking and just having a good time with down to earth people. We also met others that were staying at the inn and made some friends that will be lifelong ones as well (shout out to Fred!) The meals we had (breakfast---Anthony, scrumptious breakfast sandwich...and dinners-- we were lucky enough to have Bowman for two of the nights....Italian night and the prime rib...just delicious).. Andy always ready to make my OJ into a Mimosa or my Black Cherry's and Cokes.... I have been going to St. John for a lot of years, renting villas....but having stayed at the inn has made a bigger impression on me than any other time I have spent time on the island. Love it and thank you!....Stephanie, Anthony, Andy......and Fred! We will see you all soon!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Amy W
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed at the Inn with a friend and we had a great time!
Stephanie is extraordinarily accommodating and kind and the rest of the crew where most friendly and always helpful.
The room was very clean and the beds most comfortable.Yes, the place would benefit from some upgrades, but extensive renovations would mean an increase in price. The food is delicious, and the drinks are mixed with great care.
To me a good bed, a clean shower, and most of all, a friendly atmosphere are most important _ I found it there and cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: Room 207 is very functional and has chairs and a table outside.Very nice!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The Inn has 6 single rooms with two shared baths. Ac and HBO. Makes a great crash spot with rates lower than $350/week. Great, friendly staff and wifi! Everyone is friendly and helpful. Easy walk from ferry in Cruz Bay with two close groceries and many excellent restaurants. Also, great breakfast and guest chefs most evenings. Plus live music weekly, beach supplies etc. save your money for other stuff. Ideal for the lone traveler and also great for anyone, but excellent for single traveller!

Room Tip: Single doesn't matter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I recently stayed at the tamarind court and found the accommodations quite comfortable...the staff was very friendly and amazing...the restaurant & bar was a fun place to hang out and the food was awesome very yummy...the location was very convenient with a short walk into town... I would recommend this establishment to all...and if I get a chance to return I would do it all over again...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I want to start by saying Stephanie, the manager, was very helpful and accommodating. Everything else was totally horrible. My reservation at the Tamarind was set up for me and, surprisingly, the trip advisor reviews I read beforehand were not terrible. I only intended to stay for 3 nights and I wasn't expecting a high end experience, but I was expecting a decent place. It is not! Frankly I don't understand why the other reviews of this place do not reflect the same experience I had.

The room she showed me to was old, cheaply furnished and smelled so bad that I immediately got a migraine headache. It smelled like a combination of bleach, overwhelming potpourri and dampness. The only windows in the room were screens covered by metal jalousies so your choice would be to use the AC and stay in what amounted to a box or forego the AC and sweat by opening the jalousies.

Cheap flooring, filthy bamboo blinds, beds I didn't even want to put my luggage on let alone my body, broken tiles in the bathroom, rusted AC units, the list goes on. Then Stephanie showed me another room which at least had windows but the same dreadful smell and shabby furnishings. When I told her I couldn't stay there, she tried to help me find another hotel. I did find something else wonderful on my own for the same price and she refunded my deposit.

One of the reasons I want to give this review is so that people who consider this place to stay will know what to expect and not be blindsided like I was by reviews that give a false picture of the Tamarind.

I have heard from other people on the island that the owners of this business and of this property are unwilling to invest any money into improvements. So if that's true, it's understandable that the on site management has their hands tied. Understandable but still unacceptable from my view as the potential guest.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank tapestryoftravel
Reviewed 15 May 2014

These are very basic rooms. No phone, no fridge. TV, fan , air conditioning. Small. We didn't spend much time there, we were at the beach or town. There is a courtyard. They have meals and drinks. Sometimes there is live music. Had some jerk chicken that was awesome, from there. Con: noisy. Pro: walking distance to town.

Room Tip: I would try and book a room to the inside, toward the courtyard. That would help with street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple