“A great and reasonable place to stay on St. John”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cruz Bay
Inn at Tamarind Court
Ranked #5 of 5 Cruz Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We have aways stayed at the Inn at Tamarind Court when we visit St. John. It is a delightful little Inn, it is clean, has a/c, a shower and a TV with cable. Also, it has wifi. The managers are wonderful and make you feel very comfortable and at home while there. They supply coolers, towels, beach chairs and snorkel equipment for you to use daily at the beach. They have a wonderful courtyard and serve breakfast there daily. The location is very convenient to town and they have parking if you rent a vehicle while there. We have always felt very safe here and know we can rely on the managers if we have any needs while there. It is very affordable in comparison with other accomodations on the island. In summary, there is no place we'd rather stay while on St. John and would highly recommend it to anyone! We hope to be back soon! Thank you, Tamarind, for making our vacations more affordable and enjoyable!

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CynthiaCallison

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Yes they have ac and it's great but the other window had no glass. So the air blew out awesome not!! The room was so gross we had ants all over the floor the bed had bed bugs my legs are covered still , no deadbolt on the door so
We had to put a chair under the door for safety! Shower was gross but at least we has water right?!! The only good thing was we were centrally located to downtown but the area the hotel is in has drug dealers and beggars so as a married woman I never walked alone with out my husband! I will never stay there and wasted so much money in a dump

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We would have felt more secure if there was a deadbolt or chain lock to lock the room from the inside. We loved being able to walk to Cruz Bay restaurants and Dolphin Market. Breakfast was nice. They gave us clean beach towels and lent us a cooler to take to the beach. The staff at breakfast was very nice and friendly. Window air units need to be replaced. Next door is an abandoned apartment building - a little scary. The Inn is run down, but it is affordable for St. John and a great location. There aren't many options on St. John. They had cable/satellite tv and wifi. It was better than camping.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vacationplanmom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Inn at Tamarind is an experience. If you are looking to come to this island and stay in the bubble of the Westin or Caneel, then do not stay here because this is how to really experience St. John and those that live here. This place is as real as it gets. Simple accommodations (you are not in your room except to shower and sleep) and wonderful people! Anything you need is taken care of immediately by Stephanie, Andy, or Anthony. Aside from their attention to your needs, they quickly become friends. My friend and I so enjoyed hanging with them down on the patio talking, eating, drinking and just having a good time with down to earth people. We also met others that were staying at the inn and made some friends that will be lifelong ones as well (shout out to Fred!) The meals we had (breakfast---Anthony, scrumptious breakfast sandwich...and dinners-- we were lucky enough to have Bowman for two of the nights....Italian night and the prime rib...just delicious).. Andy always ready to make my OJ into a Mimosa or my Black Cherry's and Cokes.... I have been going to St. John for a lot of years, renting villas....but having stayed at the inn has made a bigger impression on me than any other time I have spent time on the island. Love it and thank you!....Stephanie, Anthony, Andy......and Fred! We will see you all soon!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Amy W
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed at the Inn with a friend and we had a great time!
Stephanie is extraordinarily accommodating and kind and the rest of the crew where most friendly and always helpful.
The room was very clean and the beds most comfortable.Yes, the place would benefit from some upgrades, but extensive renovations would mean an increase in price. The food is delicious, and the drinks are mixed with great care.
To me a good bed, a clean shower, and most of all, a friendly atmosphere are most important _ I found it there and cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: Room 207 is very functional and has chairs and a table outside.Very nice!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The Inn has 6 single rooms with two shared baths. Ac and HBO. Makes a great crash spot with rates lower than $350/week. Great, friendly staff and wifi! Everyone is friendly and helpful. Easy walk from ferry in Cruz Bay with two close groceries and many excellent restaurants. Also, great breakfast and guest chefs most evenings. Plus live music weekly, beach supplies etc. save your money for other stuff. Ideal for the lone traveler and also great for anyone, but excellent for single traveller!

Room Tip: Single doesn't matter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I recently stayed at the tamarind court and found the accommodations quite comfortable...the staff was very friendly and amazing...the restaurant & bar was a fun place to hang out and the food was awesome very yummy...the location was very convenient with a short walk into town... I would recommend this establishment to all...and if I get a chance to return I would do it all over again...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
#1 of 1 in Caneel Bay
Estate Lindholm
Estate Lindholm
#1 of 5 in Cruz Bay

Been to Inn at Tamarind Court? Share your experiences!