We stayed at this wonderful resort for 11 nights in unit 8C which we booked through Suite St. John Villas and Condos. Jeff Mattheny was great to deal with and was very prompt in all our correspondence.
This location was perfect. We could walk to stores and restaurants and it was only a short drive to several of St. John's beautiful beaches. We also enjoyed snorkeling at Gallows and had our first shark encounter - we believe it was a 5 - 6 foot reef shark who was just slowly swimming by. The grounds are well maintained and the pool area and deck at the beach were quiet and relaxing. Something we found to be a plus was the resort had beach chairs you could check out and they provided as many beach towels as you needed each day. The staff were always polite and housekeeping kept our unit clean and refreshed daily. In fact, my luggage didn't arrive when we landed in St. Thomas; but the next day when it finally found its way to the island, the Gallows Point driver provided transportation to the St. John dock to pick it up.
This was a spacious corner unit with great views overlooking the water and beautiful evening sunsets. It had a full kitchen, flat screen TV with DVD player and a very comfortable bed. With the sounds of the waves, good air conditioning and such a comfortable bed, we slept great. We stocked up on groceries from the Starfish Market, had breakfast in each day and took sandwiches in the cooler for lunch since nearly every day we traveled to various beaches to snorkel and take in the sun. Each evening we enjoyed eating out and returning to this comfortable resort unit.
We definitely want to return to Gallows Point Resort on our next trip to St. John.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a 5 acre peninsula in Cruz Bay. Our spacious 1 & 2 story units have fully equipped kitchens with dining area, King size bed, Satellite TV, Central A/C. in room wireless internet, full living room and private balconies all with ocean views. The resort offers full maid service, pool with hot tub, concierge service and a small gourmet grocery. Eat at our fine dining restaurant or take a 5 minute stroll to town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Gallows Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gallows Point Hotel Cruz Bay
- Gallows Point Cruz Bay
- Gallows Point Resort St. John/Cruz Bay