The island of Saint John in the US Virgin Islands is a pristine landscape covered in green and sprinkled with an array of colorful flowers and exotic plants, birds, and other animals on land while a rainbow of fish and coral cover the ocean’s floor. Whether you enjoy adventuring through the forests or relaxing by peaceful waters, Saint John has it all. The island’s many trails climb through the dense jungle and around the southern arid beaches. The pristine beauty of the island will grant you a whole new appreciation for the wonders of the Earth—It did for me! The northeast end of the island offers a variety of hiking trails through humid rainforests and white sandy beaches tucked away in bays of crystal clear water. As you travel to the southwestern edge of the island, you will run into chickens and donkeys that spot the desert landscape of cacti and dry beaches. Both environments offer a vacation of a lifetime. Snorkeling around Saint John is considered the best in the Caribbean. Trunk Bay offers a self-guided underwater trail marked by signs that identify species of vibrant coral and other sea creatures. For the more adventurous and experienced diver or snorkeler, Haulover Bay is often deserted, but the underwater life is dramatic with ledges, walls, nooks, and sandy areas set close together. A common sight to see is Saint John’s famous sea turtles, which can be found at Salt Pond Bay, Waterlemon Cay, and Maho Bay. Cruz Bay, located on the east side of the island, is dotted with fun restaurants that serve fresh, local food. The Banana Deck is famous for a fun atmosphere that gives you a taste of relaxed island living while Zozo’s offers elegant dining with a phenomenal view. Ocean Grill offers an array of supremely fresh seafood and fantastic service while the Beach Bar is a casual place to have drinks with friends and family. The locals on Saint John do hospitality right and welcome visitors with open arms; don’t forget to stop by their local stores and smoothie stands that line the roads of Cruz Bay. To see the island the best, make sure to book a boat charter. Boat charters like a sail on the catamaran Kekoa offer excellent stops for snorkeling, which allows you to see a whole new world you could never imagine. Cruising on the water with the warm wind blowing against your face is an indescribable feeling. If you’re a beach bum, enjoy trying a new beach every day to sit back in your chair and enjoy the hot sun beat down on your face while the ocean breeze brings you a whiff of saltwater air that is sweet to the soul. Explore Saint John and reveal its hidden treasures such as ancient petroglyphs, sugar mill ruins, underwater cities, and exotic animals of all kinds. Saint John is a place my family will continue to visit because of its family-friendly atmosphere and the joy it brings, helping to build strong, healthy bonds between us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a 5 acre peninsula in Cruz Bay. Our spacious 1 & 2 story units have fully equipped kitchens with dining area, King size bed, Satellite TV, Central A/C. in room wireless internet, full living room and private balconies all with ocean views. The resort offers full maid service, pool with hot tub, concierge service and a small gourmet grocery. Eat at our fine dining restaurant or take a 5 minute stroll to town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Gallows Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gallows Point Hotel Cruz Bay
- Gallows Point Cruz Bay
- Gallows Point Resort St. John/Cruz Bay