Gallows Point is where I will go for the first six months after I win that 100 million dollar lottery. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Zozo's is a fine restaurant (and bar), or you can walk just a block down the hill to the Beach Bar (which is probably the very center of the known universe). Gallows Point was actually in a novel by Jack Higgins titled "Thunder Point" involving sunken ships, WW2, etc. >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunder_Point <<<
So you take the ferry over from Red Hook and you can walk through the Cruz Bay downtown, past the Beach bar, past the old graveyard, and there you are. First time they will gladly pick you up, but after that, why bother? Think they have a webcam at Gallows looking north on the bayside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a 5 acre peninsula in Cruz Bay. Our spacious 1 & 2 story units have fully equipped kitchens with dining area, King size bed, Satellite TV, Central A/C. in room wireless internet, full living room and private balconies all with ocean views. The resort offers full maid service, pool with hot tub, concierge service and a small gourmet grocery. Eat at our fine dining restaurant or take a 5 minute stroll to town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Gallows Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gallows Point Hotel Cruz Bay
- Gallows Point Cruz Bay
- Gallows Point Resort St. John/Cruz Bay