We just recently returned from a very relaxing and enjoyable vacation on St. John, staying at Garden by the Sea B&B. Frank met us as we stepped off the cab with a very warm welcome! We were sold from that point, however it only got better! Frank oriented us to our home away from home and drove us downtown to show us how to get there. Now that's service! The walk into town each night was refreshing, fun walking down the path, and above all, safe. Breakfast each morning was excellent, we never went away hungry or dissatisfied. Frank and Mickey are the perfect hosts. We so enjoyed talking with them each day. They asked us each morning what our plans were and if they could help with them. Each suggestion they gave us were right on the money, from the beaches to the restaurants, to the hiking trails, where to get a good sandwich, directions to the various beaches, best snorkeling spots, etc. They provided beach chairs, coolers, beach towels, water bottles (plenty of water by the way), apples, oranges, and frozen water bottles to keep our lunch cold and also served as more water to drink. They are willing to help out in any way they can to make your vacation the best.
They have an honor bar which we used each night. Having a cocktail on the deck before dinner was a great way to start the evening. There is a refrigerator with a shelf designated for each room so you can put purchased items in there to keep fresh. They have extra sunscreen and bug spray (which we never needed) amongst other items.
We stayed in the Garden Terrace room at the top of the stairs. A very well appointed room and so comfortable. We slept SO sound each night! We just loved it. And the views, well, just beautiful.
The day we left, our flight didn't leave until late afternoon. Frank and Mickey stored our luggage so we could walk around town and shop. They meet us by the ferry dock prior to our departure with our luggage so we didn't have to go back and get them. That is going above and beyond and we truly appreciated that.
This was the most relaxing and best vacation ever. Frank and Mickey are the best. We can't wait to return to our home away from home. Don't think twice about staying at Garden by the Sea, this is the place to be. Thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Garden by the Sea B&B is the quintessential Caribbean home: bright, colorful walls; local art and paintings; gingerbread trim; lush gardens with coconut and banana trees; & nesting birds, iguanas, and peacocks. We are located in the heart of Estate Contant and Enighed – a funky little neighborhood within walking distance of Cruz Bay and 1 ½ blocks from Frank Bay Beach. Your hosts have lived on St. John for over 12 years and are very familiar with the island and the national park and are very willing to help plan your daily activities. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Garden By The Sea Hotel Cruz Bay
- Garden By The Sea Bed And Breakfast
- Garden By The Sea B&B St. John/Cruz Bay