I have never stayed anywhere so accommodating. Frank and Mickey were excellent hosts that went the extra mile to help us plan our days. They would ask what we were interested in doing, update us on weather and water conditions, give us tips on where to eat, who to contact for a jeep rental, what routes to take, etc. They answered all my husband's numerous questions about the island and wildlife with enthusiasm. They made our vacation and 5-yr anniversary truly special by surprising us with a lift to one of the beaches not within walking distance! Breakfasts were amazing (compliments to the chef) and there was no shortage of good food!
This place may not be for everyone due to a couple things. Each trip to town was a good 10-minute walk at a decent pace. So if you have concerns about a fair amount of walking each day, I suggest renting a vehicle. (We only rented a vehicle for a day, which worked fine for us.) Also, the B&B is a very social place. My husband and I stayed in the Wild Ginger room. There is not a whole lot to do in the room except sleep, read, lounge, etc. There is no TV or fancy electronics! So we spent a lot of time in the common area or going out for the day. If you aren't one for conversation with other guests during breakfast or coming in during the day realizing you'll probably run into someone and start up a conversation, then you may also consider staying elsewhere.
If you have no problems with the above, you will have a wonderful, relaxing stay with amazing hosts at Garden by the Sea. Thank you Frank and Mickey!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Garden by the Sea B&B is the quintessential Caribbean home: bright, colorful walls; local art and paintings; gingerbread trim; lush gardens with coconut and banana trees; & nesting birds, iguanas, and peacocks. We are located in the heart of Estate Contant and Enighed – a funky little neighborhood within walking distance of Cruz Bay and 1 ½ blocks from Frank Bay Beach. Your hosts have lived on St. John for over 12 years and are very familiar with the island and the national park and are very willing to help plan your daily activities. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Garden By The Sea Hotel Cruz Bay
- Garden By The Sea Bed And Breakfast
- Garden By The Sea B&B St. John/Cruz Bay