“Definitely Recommend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cruz Bay
Garden by the Sea B&B
Ranked #2 of 5 Cruz Bay B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Definitely Recommend”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Our first trip to St. John would not have been the same if we had not stayed in Garden by the Sea. The hospitality and professionalism shown by Frank and Mickey helped us in knowing where to snorkel, hike and take the jeep. The day always started with fresh coffee, weather updates, friendly guests, hummingbirds and iguanas, beautiful breakfasts and of course welcomed suggestions in what to do for the day. I do hope we are lucky enough to get back to St. John and maybe bring our children next time! Of course, we would stay in the villa since Garden by the Sea is for adults only. We arrived in a "city" state of mind and left in an "island" state of mind.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mariannedhillon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Garden by the Sea was amazing! The breakfast was all homemade and delicious! The 2 owners were soooo nice and accommodating. They had so many tips and idea about what to do here on the island. The garden shower was my favorite! It was so nice taking a shower in the beautiful garden listening to all the nature sounds. I highly recommend this B&B! It was perfect! Couldn't have asked for a better first stay on St John!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Nashkitty
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We just returned from a lovely and rejuvenating time on St. John, and Garden by the Sea did not disappoint. When we were there celebrating our honeymoon 13 years ago, we thought our accommodations could not have been any better. BUT, alas, they were! The added air conditioning and WiFi were a definite plus, but my oh my, what wonderful hosts Frank and Mickey were. Nancy, I am sorry that we never had the chance to meet in person, but perhaps next time....

Frank and Mickey definitely went above and beyond their call of duty to make our trip extra special. The breakfasts were scrumptious and healthy, their help in planning the flow of the day to day activities enabled us to squeeze in all the things we had on our 'to do' list and their unending service to the guests does NOT go unnoticed. Their personalities were also so warm and inviting.

Garden by the Sea truly is a unique island experience. We always said we'd go back and stay there, and we did, and I can only hope that we can come back again. Thank you for creating a home away from home.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tara J
Hudson, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed at this charming B&B for 7 days 6/28-7/5/14 in the Wild Ginger Room. Loved the outdoor shower! The best vacation I have ever had on St. John (my 6th trip)!! I loved everything about Garden by The Sea! Mickey & Frank are wonderful & make you feel right at home. They both went above & beyond my expectations, breakfast every morning & even drove me into town, to an excursion I had & to Maho Beach as I did not rent a jeep this time. The walk into town takes about 10 minutes through a shaded pathway below the cottage. Mickey & Frank were so helpful in making suggestions, weather reports, how many cruise ships would be in that day, etc. I felt like I was the only one staying there although there are 2 other rooms. It was nice to interact with the other guests each morning at breakfast to find out what they did the day before & what they had planned for the day. If you want the feel a true experience of St. John, I suggest you stay here. Very private & tropical. I loved everything about Garden By the Sea & look forward to staying here again next year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank sabalpom
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed here for our honeymoon... what a great choice! it is so quaint and relaxed. there is a nice common area that includes readings beautiful views, and up close views of wildlife! Frank and Mickey run the inn and let me tell you they are invaluable. The breakfasts they cook all homemade. They are also so helpful with what to do and when to do it. they will help guide you to the best activity for the circumstances. They even went so far as to help us out with learning how to snorkel! The Garden by the Sea is an excellent choice! just a 10 minute walk to Cruz bay! What an amazing stay we want to go back this winter!

Room Tip: Garden suite has an out door bathroom that includes a shower!
2 Thank MeganLouise1986
Godfrey, Illinois
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have never stayed anywhere so accommodating. Frank and Mickey were excellent hosts that went the extra mile to help us plan our days. They would ask what we were interested in doing, update us on weather and water conditions, give us tips on where to eat, who to contact for a jeep rental, what routes to take, etc. They answered all my husband's numerous questions about the island and wildlife with enthusiasm. They made our vacation and 5-yr anniversary truly special by surprising us with a lift to one of the beaches not within walking distance! Breakfasts were amazing (compliments to the chef) and there was no shortage of good food!
This place may not be for everyone due to a couple things. Each trip to town was a good 10-minute walk at a decent pace. So if you have concerns about a fair amount of walking each day, I suggest renting a vehicle. (We only rented a vehicle for a day, which worked fine for us.) Also, the B&B is a very social place. My husband and I stayed in the Wild Ginger room. There is not a whole lot to do in the room except sleep, read, lounge, etc. There is no TV or fancy electronics! So we spent a lot of time in the common area or going out for the day. If you aren't one for conversation with other guests during breakfast or coming in during the day realizing you'll probably run into someone and start up a conversation, then you may also consider staying elsewhere.
If you have no problems with the above, you will have a wonderful, relaxing stay with amazing hosts at Garden by the Sea. Thank you Frank and Mickey!!!

Room Tip: If you do want a little more privacy and great view for a little extra $, you should choose the Terr...
1 Thank Victoria D
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I just got home from a fantastic stay at Garden by the Sea. This is by far one of the best Bed and Breakfasts we have ever stayed in. Mickey and Frank are so courteous and helpful, providing advice and recommendations for things to do and see on St. John. They go the extra mile for their guests (including driving us to out of the way beaches on days we didn't have a car). The breakfasts were fantastic (why have I never had oatmeal pancakes before???), and they make sure to adhere to any dietary restrictions or requests. The inn itself is quite nice, the rooms are spacious, and the outdoor shower in the Garden Suite (the room we stayed in) is as refreshing as it is inviting. Overall, this is a fantastic place, and I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a phenomenal experience in St. John.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cruz Bay
#2 of 4 in Cruz Bay
Estate Lindholm
Estate Lindholm
#1 of 5 in Cruz Bay

Been to Garden by the Sea B&B? Share your experiences!