“Go for the View Not the food”
Review of Spyglass - CLOSED

Spyglass
Price range: US$15 - US$49
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Caribbean, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Spyglass Restaurant Dining with a View. Lunch 11am-3pm Sunset Happy Hour 3pm-6pm Dinner 5pm-til. Enjoy a creative menu and phenomenal view from Spyglass restaurant. Come in for a casual lunch and watch the boats sail by. Want to see the best sunsets on St. John? Happy hour at Spyglass is the place to be. At dinner, enjoy the tranquility of the waves crashing below and the twinkling lights of St. Thomas in the distance. Spyglass Dining with a VIEW! Enjoy.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Go for the View Not the food”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Dinner with a view, get here before the sunset and its an amazing view bring the camera. I do recommend the house salad with the figs. I also ordered the stuffed mahi mahi with crab ehhh I ate it but I didnt love it and the price was expensive. I liked th mahi mahi from Lime Inn much better, Also a reminder I ordered ice tea and they charge you $2.00 for every refill which I didnt know so I paid 10.00 on ice tea alone. So basically come here for the atmosphere!

midwest
“Great View : Great Food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just attend a wedding reception held at the Spyglass Restaurant. It overlooks the beach and Cruz Bay. Great view, good food, and wonderful service by courteous help. This restaurant is on the second level and often overlooked by the roaring bars below. If you are looking for a quiet place to eat, on the beach, I strongly recommend it. A romantic atmosphere at night. We have been coming to this island for years and this is one of our favorites.

Virginia
“Beautiful view & friendly staff”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We enjoyed our dinner here very much, mostly because the view is wonderful. We enjoyed watching the sunset. Our waitress was very friendly and accommodating. We enjoyed the conch fritters and fish (mahi) and chips, but I would say that the food was just average. Definitely a nice, low-key place to go.

Dublin, Ireland
“Gorgeous view, food hit and miss”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My boyfriend and I had cocktails and appetisers at Spyglass on one of our first nights on St John. While the cocktails were delicious, the calamari starter was overdone and mostly batter. My boyfriend's seared Ahi Tuna was delicious, however. While the food was hit and miss, the cracking view over the shoreside and laid back atmosphere made it worth the visit. I would recommend for tasty cocktails.

Memphis, TN
“Great Happy hour specials”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I must say this became my spot to chill in the afternoons in Cruz Bay. You can sit & have a $3 drink & $5 Fish tacos or sliders While watching the boats come into the Harbor from the day out on the Ocean. The Owner was Great as was the bartender form St Croix. (btw Sorry I forgot to call you back to find out about the latest on Greg, Rick & Glen from St Croix). And if you have been going to St John as long as I have the Spyglass is where "CafeWahoo" & "pussers Beach side Bar" was back in the day. And out of all my times at "spyglass" I only had 1 issue with the service & they made it right by not charging me for my food when I did receive it. Keep up the good work & great food.

• Visited November 2013