Grande Bay Resort
Gallows Point Resort(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
US$535
US$444
St. John Inn(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
US$242
Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
US$221
  • Breakfast included
Estate Lindholm(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$344
US$235
TripAdvisor
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort(South Coast)(Great Value!)
US$213
All reviewsthrough vrboparking garagein towntime sharewasher dryerst johnbeach chairsperfect locationpool and hot tubfull kitchenwatch the ferriesbedroom condoferry dockrental vehicleexercise roomthree bedroombars and restaurants
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We went with my daughter, son in law and 3 granddaughters. Laurie Crandall was the real estate manager who we dealt with... My wife and I are mid 50’s; the three granddaughters are 3, 2 and 5 months. The accommodations were beautiful. Clean, modern and perfectly laid out for our family. Laurie was great. Met our family from the ferry, even though we arrived at different times. The location was convenient and perfect. We had an issue with the dish washer one night (probably my fault) and it was taken care of within 24 hours. I travel a lot for work and found this accommodations top notch. I cannot over recommend this place. Beautiful view, great service and Laurie Crandall were the best. 2 minute walk to the taxi’s that will take you to beautiful beaches. Pool was clean and well maintained but why goes to a pool when you can go to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. We ate one night at Café Roma – Italian, excellent, my wife is Italian and her family owns a restaurant in the US. The food was excellent. We went to Lime Inn and had an excellent meal also. One Armed Richie (no disrespect) owns the Lime Inn and is an excellent Restaurateur. Trust me I am a very critical guest; I travel 20 to 30 times a year in the US. Great trip, my complaint would be that St John is logistically difficult to get to (planes with transfers, taxi and ferry) but, as in life, it’s a journey not a destination. I will never forget the trip, my family time, the accommodations and the beautiful island of St John. Well done Laurie Crandall and Grand Bay resorts.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank ersaco60898
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I cannot say more than what was already expressed from previous reviews of Grande Bay Resort. We stayed at GBR early May and have not stopped telling family/friends about the helpful staff and the well-maintained property. Our stay was memorable, thanks to the comfortable units and a very accommodating group of people. I had the pleasure of dealing with Dawn, Megan, Dee, Coby and Rita, all of whom were friendly and willing to help with any requests or questions I had about St. John. Everyday from dusk to dawn the view from our 1 bdrm balcony of the Bay was picturesque. The resort is ideal for those that are looking for a GREAT location combined with a peaceful/laid back atmosphere. We were within walking distance to all of the shopping, restaurants, and bars that Cruz Bay has to offer. Having free access to wireless internet from our room is a BIG plus and of course the morning coffee located at the main building.

We also enjoyed a couple of nites of happy hour at MOTU Bar adjacent to GBR. It had more of an upscale lounge feel, which we felt was unique from the other bars we saw in Cruz Bay. It was well managed, reasonably priced, and had a good range of cocktails...a good way to wind down after a full day of exploring St. John.

If you are adventurous and athletic like us, you can cover 8 different beaches using the island's public transportation combined with many miles of hiking. Although the public bus is unreliable, as long as you aren't in a rush to get anywhere, you can cover a lot of different beaches asking the bus driver to drop you off at various hiking trails that will lead you to the beaches. However, the trails range from 2 to 3 miles one way, so be sure you are prepared to walk the long distance and bring plenty of water and snacks as hiking in the hot weather can be rough if you are not conditioned for it. Be sure to call the Vitran bus dispatch before you plan your day, because during our time in St. John, one of the two buses that run daily was not in service, so we had to plan for long waits.

Overall, GBR is a great resort, the many beaches on St. John are by far the best beaches in the Caribbean because the beaches are protected. Observed sea turtles, sting rays, deer and wild donkeys at various places.

We hope to be back at GBR and see Dawn, Megan and the rest of the staff again soon.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pokey01
GMatGBR, General Manager at Grande Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Dear Pokey01
Wow, I was exhausted just reading all that you did in the time you were here! I am very pleased to pass along your comments regarding our great people here at Grande Bay Resort & Residence Club. They are our true assests and I am privileged to work with them. Glad you had a good time and we all look forward to your return.
Kind Regards,
Paul

Reviewed 14 May 2012

Location, location, location. Great views of beautiful Cruz Bay and just a short walk from restaurants, shops, taxis and 20 yards from Low Key dive shop. Staff was great. The property is perfectly manicured and equipped with everything you need and expect. The rooms are very attractive, bed comfortable, bath facilities large enough. We were a group of two couples in a 2 bedroom suite and had the privacy we needed but also a large comfortable common area. Couldn't recommend highly enough, beyond what we had expected.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Terry J
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We had the best experience at Grande Bay! Our condo was right in town, we only rode a cab once to Cinnamon Bay. Right in the heart of town-within walking distance to all the restaurants! Paul and Dawn were so helpful! Paul gave us great advice on restaurants and Dawn helped us secure a spot on Bad Kitty- trip to BVI's-highly recommend! Condo was clean and spacious with great views! Fitness Center had everything I needed, including coffee to my sleeping husband every morning. Rented a dinghy right outside and took to all the phenomenal beaches. Stopped every day ay the Beachbar for our Bushwacker to end our day. I highly suggest staying here over an overpriced resort- you will really experience St. John! I just got back- and like my title suggests, ready to go back!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
GMatGBR, General Manager at Grande Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Dear Karen S,
We miss you too and don't worry I will make sure the Bushwacker's are "tested" at least once a week until you both return! Thank you for the positive comments and hurry back!
Cheers,
Paul

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Perfect Location and All that you need! We rented the 5 Penthouse through VRBO and couldn't be happier. We come back to this location annually bc it is simply the best! It is nestled in Cruz Bay within walking distance of everything. 5PH has all the ammenities and is the loveliest view. They have 3 porches and its perfect for entertaining. There are several trails within walking distance and several lovely beaches within a short walk. With many great restaurants lingering within a quarter mile, you can't go wrong. They have a gym and pool that overlooks Cruz Bay. It has never been too crowded and allows the resort feel...without the resort price tag. ENJOY!

Room Tip: Go to VRBO and click in Grand Bay Resort. Jackie owns 3 condos and she has been the best owner to work with.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends