“Perfect Location and place to be”
Review of Grande Bay Resort

Grande Bay Resort
Reviewed 12 July 2013

love love loved it! Great location, an easy walk to some bars and food. Right off the Ferry Dock. Easy cab ride to Trunk Bay and other awesome places! Would go back in a heartbeat. We were nervous because it was 'across the road' from the beach but it turned out to not be an issue. the road is tiny!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 July 2013

My family and I stayed in a 3 bedroom condo at Grande Bay in May 2013. This was our first visit to St. John. The location is perfect, a one minute walk to the restaurants and shops of Cruz Bay. The resort facilities were clean, the pool large for St. John and well maintained, and the staff we encountered were friendly and accommodating. The condo itself had all the amenities we enjoy at home, including a dishwasher, washer/dryer, kitchen appliances, and bathroom amenities like hairdryers and irons. I struggle to find a negative thing to say about this resort or Cruz Bay. A few things that should be noted are that the nearest grocery store is a 10-15 minute walk, and the resort is located on a hill, so walking up and down a bit will be required (even though there are elevators in the buildings).

I highly recommend this place. My family and I had a wonderful time, and much of it was due to the fact that our condo was well appointed and close to everything.

Room Tip: If you have any concerns about climbing stairs or walking up hills, ask if the condo is at the beach...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stayed at Grande Bay Resort for two weeks last July.We had a two bedroom unit we rented through VBRO.The location is faboulous,just a 5 minute walk to town and all the reastaurants.It came with a parking spot which is essential because of extremely limited parking around town.The roads are horrendous,but you do get used to them.Our favorite beach was St.. Francis,although Trunk Bay was very nice also.We felt very safe here everywhere we went especially walking around town at night.You should definitely rent a jeep an explore everywhere,especially Skinny Leggs And Tourist Trapp.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2013

My husband and I stayed in a studio condo for 2 nights before our villa rental became available. This is our 6th trip to St. John and I was pleasantly surprised by this resort. The location is terrific and the views of the harbor and its constant activity were entertaining...no need for the TV ;-).
The staff were very helpful. The pool, parking spot, and all other amenities are added bonuses. We booked our unit through the resort. Our condo was new, clean, and in the back building on the 3rd floor. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The lower building has obstructed views of numerous power lines. The higher, the better for the vie...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jody_t
Paul H, General Manager at Grande Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear Jody_T,
I am glad to read that you found the room booked through the on site resort management to your liking. The resort does have a lot of amenities and the location cannot be beat. However, it is our staff that makes the difference and I am pleased to see that you found them helpful. All of us look forward to visit number "7" hopefully soon!
Regards,
Paul

Reviewed 23 June 2013

This was our fourth stay at Grande Bay and the resort itself is 5*. We rented through VRBO and our unit was just ok, but we got a good rate. We had a 1 BR unit in the lower building B202. Upon arrival the unit had a funky mildew smell that made all our clothes smell. The villa also had a very sparsely equipped kitchen and mismatched dishes. We have a ski condo so I'm pretty understanding about rental condos but this one needs a little help. The bed was great and as almost everyone writes the location is the BEST. Parking garage can be tricky but it's a huge bonus. Will definitely return to Grande Bay; just to a different unit.

TIPS: I was leery staying in the front building but the location was great right off the water. We only had the 1BR side and the lockout studio unit was rented to what sounded like a bunch of kids the last few days we were there. They were really loud and sound really traveled underneath the lockout door that connects units. You could hear every word they said. If they had been there the whole week I would have been very unhappy.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

My Husband and I stayed in a lovely one bedroom condo in Grande Bay (rented from a private owner on Flipkey) for our first trip to St. John. We really loved the location of Grande Bay and that you could very easily walk to all the restaurants, bars, and shops in town from here, but it was also very quiet in our room. The condos here are recently built and have really nice updated kitchens (granite and stainless steel) and bathrooms.

We stayed in a unit on the second floor of the upper building, and had a great view of Cruz Bay, and loved watching all the boats come in and out.

The hot tub and pool deck is really nice as well (although we spent most of our time at the beaches, but it was nice to take a dip in the hot tub in the evening).

All the staff that we encountered were very nice as well.

We did rent a jeep, and I would recommend renting a jeep, so that you could get out and explore the island, but technically staying here, you wouldn't need to, as you can take a hike (about 30-40 minutes) to two beaches, and take a taxi to several of the North Shore Beaches as well.

Overall, it was a great stay, and I would highly recommend it for anyone coming to St. John who wants to stay in town to experience all the great restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: The views from the upper floors and the upper building were great. Some of the units in the lower b...
1  Thank orchid6510
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I highly suggest you stay at Grande Bay. The staff (John, Danielle, Dawn and Colby) is absolutely amazing, the amenities are exceptional. The resort is incredible and within walking distance to everything. They have a pool, gym, and even a coffee room.
The rooms are the best on the island. Even has a washer/dryer. The views from the patio will instantly relax you.
This should be your top vacation destination! I highly recommend!!!

1  Thank Jesse S
Paul H, General Manager at Grande Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Dear JesseS:
I "highly recommend" that you come back! Thank you so much for the wonderful and complimentary review. I am indeed privileged to work with such a talented group of people! Location is something you have but caring and helpfulness has to come from within and to borrow a commercial phrase "These guys are good"!!
Kind regards,

#4 of 7 in Charlotte Amalie
Coconut Coast Villas
Coconut Coast Villas
#1 of 17 in Cruz Bay

Been to Grande Bay Resort? Share your experiences!