“We visited every night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Castaway's - CLOSED

Castaway's
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar
Good for: Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Peabody
“We visited every night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

On our first visit, Annie made us feel right at home at Castaway's! Great drinks ($1 rum drinks during happy hour) and food . (I loved the chicken quesadillas and my husband loved the nachos and lollipop chicken). The upstairs is an open air bar where we enjoyed a steel drum player and singer (husband and wife duo). All the bartenders were great. Victoria was a sweetheart and held onto a bracelet I lost on our last night. And Jason made me a killer white sangria. They also have fun activities like karaoke, bingo, and trivia nights. We will absolutely return!

• Visited May 2014

“Better places to go in Island.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Atmosphere boring. Decorated well with a must come in record. Drinks average. We didn't go back a second time.

• Visited May 2014
“If you don't come here for happy hour you're stupid.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Tres chicken taco will be in my dreams when I head home. Fun vibe, great atmosphere and friendly service. Mexican food here is some of the best I've had and I consider myself a Mexican aficionado. $1 happy hour drinks and live steel pan music very island-esque. Five stars and two thumbs up!!

• Visited May 2014
“Best time on the island!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stopped by on our 2nd night of vacation and returned every night after. The drinks were great (especially the Patron Margarita's). The nachos were awesome and you must try the lollipop chicken!! We were lucky enough to be have Annie taking care of us! She was quick with the food orders, never kept us waiting for the great drinks she poured and was a lot of fun. Castaways is one of many reasons we will return to St John!!

Roseville, MN
“Jason makes a killer drink”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

If you want a real drink go see Jason upstairs at Castaway's Mon-Fri nights. Tell him what you like (or don't) and he'll make you a great drink. Food is great too new Pegleg chicken drummies are fabulous!