“Loooved it!!”

Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cruz Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We stayed at the Cruz Bay Boutique for only one night in January, but we will DEFINITELY stay there again.....for much longer. Dave and Denise are extremely helpful and great hosts!
We stayed in the Penthouse which has a full kitchen. Well worth the extra money! We HIGHLY recommend visiting with them! (It was soooo clean too!)

Room Tip: If you plan to stay a while, the Penthouse has a full kitchen which is very nice....there is a small...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 January 2012

I have traveled to St John several times in the past. On my most recent trip I brought my mother along as a birthday present as she had never been to the Virgin Islands. We stayed in the spacious penthouse which was well worth the price. The hotel is convenient to all Cruz Bay has to offer (bars, restaurants, shopping, daytrips to the BVI, etc). Denise welcomed us and made us feel right at home. The penthouse was spotless and was cleaned everyday. As stated in previous reviews, Dave, Denise, and Kathy could not have been better hosts. Breakfast is served on the veranda in the mornings which allows interaction with other guests. I noticed apple and grape juice was provided at breakfast but not orange juice. I usually drink orange juice at breakfast and asked Kathy if any was available. She said there wasn't but would see about getting some. The next morning not only was orange juice available but Dave brought me a fresh container for the room refrigerator. On another note, I had forgotten to bring my collapsible cooler for the beach. Dave loaned me his cooler which avoided me having to purchase one. My mom is a diet coke drinker and several cans of diet coke that were left behind by a guest were placed in our refrigerator. The above are examples of lodging owners going above and beyond to satisfy their guests. I will definitely be coming back to Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel on my future trips to beautiful St John. I recommend this little gem to anyone seeking a clean affordable place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Bill5061
Reviewed 26 January 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Penthouse Apartment for one week while visiting friends in Cruz Bay for the first time. Between the island and the hotel.......you will not want to leave!!!!

Location: Amazing! You are within walking distance to everything that you need in Cruz Bay

Penthouse Apartment : The apartment is immaculately clean. The kitchen was fantastic because it allowed us to prepare our lunches for the day. Once you are at any of the beaches, the last thing that you want to do is leave to go find something to eat! The apartment allowed us to do some island grocery shopping! The rooms were all very spacious and had just what you needed for an island stay.

Inn-keepers : Dave and Denise were FANTASTIC! :) Laid back and super friendly! Gave great advice on places to eat and grab a drink! After their suggestion, Spyglass for happy hour fish tacos is where its at! :)

When we return ( not if....but when! ) we will definitely be spending some time at the Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel.

Room Tip: Penthouse is worth every extra penny! Even for two people it felt like our own "home" away...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HappyMariss
Reviewed 25 January 2012

The Boutique Hotel was perfect . Dave, Denise the wonderful owners made me feel very welcome , secure , comfortable and gave me some great tips of the Island as a solo traveler . The rooms are exceptionally clean and comfortable . Location is perfect , and do be prepared for the nightlife of this wonderful Island .

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Karen H
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We stayed in room 1 and was very clean. We enjoyed the breakfasts and meeting other guests. It is right in town so some noise but AC's drone out. The owners were very helpful and friendly. The bed could have been firmer for us both, but we would return and great for grabbing drinks or dinner very close by!

Room Tip: Room 1 was not too loud.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank alexandriava
Reviewed 21 January 2012

We completely enjoyed our stay on St. John's and at Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel. Dave, Denise,and Kathy were amazing host. We stayed in the penthouse which was very spacious, clean, and relaxing. The beauty of this hotel, besides the reasonable price, is that you are within walking distance of anything within Cruz Bay. Denise, Kathy, Dave steered us right on where to eat and how to navigate the island. You are within two blocks of the taxis that will take you anywhere so we didn't feel a need to rent a car and never felt as if we needed one during our 7 day stay. Honeymoon Beach and Salomon Beach are amazing, but you will have to walk to them no matter where you are on the island. FYI - we brought along a collapsable cooler bag that we packed with water, chips, trailmix, and sandwiches from deli grotto to take with us to the beach so we could stay as long as we wanted. Thank you to Dave and Denise for providing a wonderful hotel at a resonable price.

Room Tip: If you are a couple I'm sure one of the other rooms would be great. If you are not, spend the ex...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Carla J
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Our first time on St. John & we were very pleased to find this wonderful gem! I was attracted to it by the website description & pictures and it was exactly as described and better! Our room was perfect size for my husband and me: furnished simply, tastefully, and very comfortably, with just the amenities we needed, small fridge, small tv, AC, but also windows that open when we didn't want the AC. Denise and David provide island hospitality at its best, with very helpful info about beaches, restaurants, and everything! Their love of the island is evident and they take the time to share it with you. We loved being able to walk everywhere, to several small beaches, and all around town. The communal balcony is lovely, and the continental breakfast they serve is delicious and relaxing. We will come back to St. John, and we will stay at Cruz Bay Boutique hotel! Thanks to Denise and David for opening this wonderful little hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
#2 of 4 in Cruz Bay
Caneel Bay Resort
Caneel Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Caneel Bay

Been to Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!